Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movrev
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now an update.

I finally disabled kernel preemption for now while upgrading my kernel to gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r8 (from 2.6.21-r4) and voilà, now I get the same error as you guys: emake failed with profiledbootstrap.

So, I fixed some of my issues as now the compiling doesn't segfault and mess with my kernel and keyboard, but I don't seem to be able to get through this error, as you guys noted before.

If anyone has any ideas or would like me to send more info, pls let me know.
movrev
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT] I've re-enabled ccache and preemption in the kernel since nothing was really solved by that after all [/EDIT]

I finally managed to compile gcc by removing the -O2 compilation flag (proposed in this post) from make.conf. Enabling it again makes gcc compilation fail. Now that I'm through with that, though, I'll recompile world with the -O2 flag and gcc without it. I hope they fix this soon, as there have been a lot of people having this same problem for months.
alphamaennchen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: You cannot change from non-multilib to multilib! You have to do a reinstallation.

Second: I can confirm this problem when not switching from non-multilib to multilib as well.

I did not change any profile and had the problem anyway. Now I can't compile sandbox, gcc or glibc.

I tried using the new 2008.0 desktop profile with no success.

I think it would work if I switched to the non-multilib profile. But I need ti be able to compile some 32-bit programs for scientific stuff so this is not a real solutuion...

Does anyone know if it is possible to simply untar a stage and do an emerge -e world or something?

Desktop: AMD64 3400+, GeForce 7800GS, Gentoo
Notebook (Asus A8jp): Core 2 Duo 2,0 (T7200), ATI X1700, Kubuntu
PDA: Zaurus SL-6000

linux is user friendly! however, it is not idiot friendly....
coptang
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** FIXED FOR ME - see below **

Same problem here on a fresh install of 2008.0 using desktop profile. Gcc would not compile. Always crashed at the same point (see below). I've memtested my memory, machine is X2 4600 with 2GB of RAM and has been running windows 100% stable for at least a year. Tried without -O2, with k8 rather than athlon64. Even tried a brand new stage3 install as this is the first time I've used Gentoo and I wasn't sure if I'd done something else wrong.

Was about to add to this thread when I found aother post here about DFI motherboards being temperamental and to try the 2T memory setting rather than 1T. Did it fo me, gcc compiled!

Posting here so that hopefully others wont have to go through the same problems I did.

Code:
gcc-4.1.2/work/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/../include -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/work/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/../libcpp/include     -c insn-attrtab.c \
          -o insn-attrtab.o
/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/work/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/config/i386/i386.md: In function 'internal_dfa_insn_code':
/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/work/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/config/i386/i386.md:200: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
make[2]: *** [insn-attrtab.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/work/build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/work/build/gcc'
make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 4622:  Called toolchain_src_compile
 *             environment, line 5139:  Called gcc_src_compile
 *             environment, line 2949:  Called gcc_do_make
 *             environment, line 2772:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}" STAGE1_CFLAGS="${STAGE1_CFLAGS}" LIBPATH="${LIBPATH}" BOOT_CFLAGS="${BOOT_CFLAGS}" ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET} || die "emake failed with ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET}";
 *  The die message:
 *   emake failed with profiledbootstrap
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/temp/environment'.

* Messages for package sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2:

* ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 4622:  Called toolchain_src_compile
 *             environment, line 5139:  Called gcc_src_compile
 *             a, line 2949:  Called gcc_do_make
 *             environment, line 2772:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}" STAGE1_CFLAGS="${STAGE1_CFLAGS}" LIBPATH="${LIBPATH}" BOOT_CFLAGS="${BOOT_CFLAGS}" ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET} || die "emake failed with ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET}";
 *  The die message:
 *   emake failed with profiledbootstrap
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2/temp/environment'.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: