Thank You Gentoo - Package Manager...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinGears
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Thank You Gentoo - Package Manager... Reply with quote

Thanks to the latest --sync and the updating of dbus, which works amazingly well btw. It is a reminder that the system can and does things like rebuild it legs parts while still standing, or using a crippled part to make better parts. I had file system damage due to moving to comox last year, it's poor hydro on and off in the season is some thing to be seen, I even lost 1 drive entirely due to this out of 3. I lost my gdm login and quite a bit of functionality to the system but it still booted, the fact that Gentoo has pulled it self out of the ditch over and over for myself - just floors me.
So I would like thanks Danial Robbins for making a Linux flavor more like Unix, RMS and crew for their obvious part and also all the other fine people that helped make the worlds best computer system, and kept it going! It has been my best part of my tech career over the many years, thanks Gentoo...
:)
Some of you are thinking, why this post? Well it's simple, the Gentoo forums have grown so much over time, that I think someone new might just think Gentoo is crap. For the simple reason that you see a lot of negative things. I think most people catch on right away that everyone needs help when they start off, and that's all good - that's why the posts are what they are.
On that note I feel it's time to say thank you, and so if you feel the same way, let the hard working Gentoo people know how good things really are.
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Gentoo Chat (not a support request).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: