how to correctly burn a dvd usin dvdrip
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakeo2
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: how to correctly burn a dvd usin dvdrip Reply with quote

after doing some research, and still not able to burn a dvd usin dvdrip. I went to dvdrip's websited and read the material, however, it's not very clear. so far im able to rip, encode and burn the movie. when i play it in my dvd player, i dont get the regular movie. by that i mean, normally you would insert the burned dvd, and you'll get a nice menu that lets you select chapters, deleted scenes, extras, languages, etc. well, im not getting that, when i insert my burned dvd, i get a folder, then i have open that folder, and within that folders there are more folders, one of which contain the main vob file. can anyone tell me what aer the correct steps, to rip, encode, and burn a dvd that will give you the menu, extras, etc, etc. ?? Thanks
250GB SATA Drive
4GB Corsair DDR2
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most easy way is using DVDShrink with wine. If you get an ASPI error when opening the DVD Drive, there is a howto in the forum.

DVD::Rip, when I last used it, was a program for ripping a DVD to a computer playable format, preferrably AVI container with MPEG4 codec because of the smaller size. Only some DVD Players can play these files.

I dont know of any linux program cloning a DVD including menus and extras. There are a few programs that clone the main movie.

DVDShrink works too good under wine for the developers to feel the urge to make a native linux port.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: