New to Suspend2 - Question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: New to Suspend2 - Question Reply with quote

Attempting to use suspend2. The kernel is patched correctly and I have built suspend2 in the kernel (not as a module). When running the command "hibernate" though, I get the following error:

/usr/share/hibernate/scriptlets.d/modules: line 184 [: 2.6.0: integar expression expected

I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point and have searched the forums everywhere for a solution. Has anyone ever run across this?
koziolek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: New to Suspend2 - Question Reply with quote

Buddman wrote:
The kernel is patched correctly and I have built suspend2 in the kernel (not as a module).

You mean you are manually patching kernel? You are not using suspend2-sources?
Quote:
/usr/share/hibernate/scriptlets.d/modules: line 184 [: 2.6.0: integar expression expected

Which hibernate-scripts are you using? Seems there is just a bug :).
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: New to Suspend2 - Question Reply with quote

Buddman wrote:
Attempting to use suspend2. The kernel is patched correctly and I have built suspend2 in the kernel (not as a module). When running the command "hibernate" though, I get the following error:

I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point and have searched the forums everywhere for a solution. Has anyone ever run across this?

try this:

Code:

# emerge -av suspend2-sources

Buddman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the skunk-sources 2.60.20-rc6 kernel. No one has reported a suspend2 issue using his kernel yet, so I figured this had to do with something on my end. Beatryder, what good would emerging the suspend2 kernel do as I don't wish to use that particular kernel.

I should also note that I ended up using an AMD64 stage3 tar to install gentoo with (I have an Inspiron e1705 with a Core 2 Duo). I haven't generally heard of any issues with 64-bit systems and suspend2 though. The reason I'm trying to use suspend2 is because normal suspend doesn't appear to be working for me either, so I wanted to try this as an alternative.
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddman wrote:
I'm using the skunk-sources 2.60.20-rc6 kernel. No one has reported a suspend2 issue using his kernel yet, so I figured this had to do with something on my end. Beatryder, what good would emerging the suspend2 kernel do as I don't wish to use that particular kernel.

I should also note that I ended up using an AMD64 stage3 tar to install gentoo with (I have an Inspiron e1705 with a Core 2 Duo). I haven't generally heard of any issues with 64-bit systems and suspend2 though. The reason I'm trying to use suspend2 is because normal suspend doesn't appear to be working for me either, so I wanted to try this as an alternative.

Then you should be reporting your problem here:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-535719-highlight-skunk+sources.html

That is not a supported kernel. Sorry.
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Kernel & Hardware to Unsupported Software.
Buddman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't sure if this was a suspend2 issue or an issue with the kernel. Seems like it's the kernel so will ask there.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: