Mailman lists won't work...at wit's end...please help
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Mailman lists won't work...at wit's end...please help Reply with quote

I posted something about this earlier, but no one responded, so I'm going to post again.

I have a mailserver hosting one and only one domain (NO virtual domain hosting). I am running postfix. I need to have mailing lists. I followed the guide for virtual/mailhosting. It didn't work.

I follow the directions listed in the guide and in documentation provided with mailman. I get as far as editing my mm_cfg.py file. I add the line MTA = "Postfix". I then save the file without making any other additions, BECAUSE I do not host any virtual domains.

I then create the test list. I provide a valid email address. I then hit enter at the prompt to send an email to the list owner (myself). The list owner never receives the email. This means something's wrong, but I keep going anyway. I check the list aliases and generate postfix style aliases. Good. Try to start mailmain. Major error. Mailman refuses to start.

What is wrong with what I did? I've never administered a mail server before, so I don't know the intricacies of Mailman or Postfix, though I have learned the Postfix basics rather quickly. I assume this is an error with an obvious fix that I don't know about because I'm administering the mail server for the first time. PLease h elp as I'm at my wit's end and this is getting aggravating with the mailing lists not working.

Respectfully,

-----------------------------------------------------------
It's easy to be brave once you consider the alternatives.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thread appears to be this one. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Follwups there.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: