[Ebuild]CrystalAudio: new FVWM-Crystal recipe
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: [Ebuild]CrystalAudio: new FVWM-Crystal recipe Reply with quote

Hi all ! :D

After some months of work with FVWM-Crystal, it was time to share my configuration with other peoples.

My configuration use an improved fvwm version: Ebuild FVWM CVS because I like to have round corners in my desktop, but it will work with portage ebuild too. It use fvwm-crystal from portage.

CrystalAudio is the name of this configuration because I use the Pro Audio gentoo overlay and it work on FVWM-Crystal. But parts of it can be useful with other kinds of work as sound related (I added many applications.).

If you have working FVWM-Crystal recipes or functions, menu files, whatever, you are welcome to share your work, even if it is not audio related.

Installation

So. it is 2 ebuilds, one for fvwm and the other for crystalaudio. To get them, you can use layman
Code:
emerge -vp layman
layman -L
layman -a pro-audio
emerge crystalaudio

or download them with
Code:
svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/crystalaudio/crystalaudio/trunk/portage

Note at gkrellm2 can be needed if you are not using hald or automount in order to be able to mount yours drives. It will auto-start if installed.

I begun to make a website: Crystal Audio and a wiki: Crystal Audio wiki

Features
-- Many new applications for the menu, inclusive many sound related applications (some with new icons)
-- Improved aumixer control in dB
-- New audioplayer control for Alsaplayer with mixed fixed-dynamic speed control
-- Improved audio button for use with the Alsaplayer control
-- Launch qjackctl at startup
-- Use a new recipe as default: Thin Audio
-- And more

If you don't know how to install Alsaplayer, it is in the pro-audio overlay. And it is the only player I know using float numbers to control the speed and with a simple API.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: