Beryl - cube plugin gives a two sided plane instead [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roycrom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Beryl - cube plugin gives a two sided plane instead [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi, I have the portage version (0.1.4) of beryl. I have managed to get it working with up to ~90fps on a radeon 7000 using AIGLX and the radeon driver. I know I must have changed some setting but for the life of me I can not find it to reverse it.

My "cube" is no longer a cube - but only two faces! I can rotate and drag windows around but there are only two desktops. I have looked in the cube plugin section of beryl-settings but can find nothing in here - does anybody know how this would happen and if I can remedy it so I have a four sided cube again instead of a two sided one. It gets cumbersome with my cube as it is - sometimes the plane I have instead of a cube gets stuck diagonally across my screen and its a real job to drag it back to get it to snap to the desktop properly.

I have looked through this forum and beryls list but nada!

Any configs, logs, screenshots(if I had somewhere to post them) I can get if that is going to be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by roycrom on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in front of my computer right now, I'm afraid, but I know that there are two plugins that control the cube. One is the desktop cube and the other is something like cube rotation. Check whichever the other one is as it may be in there.
roycrom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply alienjon.

Well I've been through both plugins and I am none the wiser. There doesn't seem to be an option for how many faces - which I guess makes sense since a cube has a set amount of faces right? then why the hump do I have only two sides? Maybe I wrote a double sided desktop plane plugin in my sleep - its the simplest explanation!!
roycrom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Hi,

I was looking through some other posts and found that in the General Options in Beryl-Settings-Manager there is a setting called "Horizontal Virtual Size" - I had this set to '2' - guess what I only had two viewports - I've now got a desktop hexagon instead of cube - nice :twisted:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: