[SOLVED] Amarok Collection is empty
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambugua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Amarok Collection is empty Reply with quote

So the situation is that I have no files showing up in my collection tab. When I try to expand an Artist on the Collection tab, I get nothing - it says its empty. When I try to queue and artist I get a message saying "Attempted to insert nothing into playlist" (this happens if I double click or right click and load)

The collection is there - it has been scanned correctly and there is a database file for it present (SQLite database). ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection_scan.files is present and has the right data in it. If I go to the Playlist tab, I can queue and play any file there - same thing with the albums that show up under the Content tab.

This happened recently after updating to Amarok 1.4.3-r1 and persists with 1.4.4-r2

Code:
[ebuild   R   ] media-sound/amarok-1.4.4-r2  USE="aac arts ifp kde mysql opengl postgres real visualization xinerama -debug -ipod -mtp -musicbrainz -njb -noamazon" LINGUAS="-af -ar -az -bg -br -ca -cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -es -et -fi -fr -ga -gl -he -hi -hu -is -it -ja -ka -km -ko -lt -ms -nb -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr@Latn -sv -ta -tg -th -tr -uk -uz -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB

I initially thought it was a MySQL problem, but after switching to SQLite and having the problem persist, it is evident that it is a problem with Amarok itself.

I have read through all the Amarok related help threads i could find and I saw nothing that addressed this kind of problem.

I don't know if this is related or not, but all the scanned files show up as being my favourites.

I am at my wits end.

EDIT:spelling

Last edited by ambugua on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried renaming/deleting the collection file in order to force amarok to build a new db from scratch?
ambugua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didymos wrote:
Have you tried renaming/deleting the collection file in order to force amarok to build a new db from scratch?

I have manually deleted the database and its related files several times to force a rebuild.
But unfortunately this doesn't change anything.
ambugua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the problem was solved after going over to #amarok and having a nice chat with the folks over there.

We worked out that the problem was in the amarok config, so I deleted both
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc and then started Amarok.

(I have a feeling that it was only the amarokrc that was giving me problems, since I deleted the amarok folder several times already.)

This sent me into the first run wizard, and after that everything was peachy.
Obscenity
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm this :) I deleted only the amarokrc file.
This happened to me after switching to a new computer (now using ~amd64).
ahubu
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having this problem too. However, I'm not going to delete my amarok collection (since it is still there, and I don't think anything is wrong with it). Secondly, deleting the amarokrc file seemed to solve the problem in first instance: however, when restarting amarok (without changing any of the default settings, except the location of albums + mysql settings) it is gone again. I read something about installing kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves without the hal useflag on the amarok forums, will try that next.

edit: remerging the kioslaves without hal did not work, updating world didn't work. Maybe rebooting (ugh) works...

edit2: rebooting (of course) didn't do it. I've tried everything, it's weird. Even when I'm using the method of deleting the rc file, while playing, the collection POOF - disappears. Spooky. Songs (in the playlist) still play, collection is accessible: only the context and the collection window stay empty. I'll try deleting (well, moving away) my collection, but I silently hope that won't solve it (for the sake of all my statistics). :?

edit3 [solved]: hooray, I solved it. When trying to remerging mysql I noticed it failed with an error on berkeley db. Remerging sys-libs/db did not work because it was masked (for openoffice 2.1 unstable, which I had not yet compiled but unmasked). Removing the sys-libs/db entry from package.unmask, remerging it and remerging mysql finally brought back my albums. So it seems the problem was packages that were compiled against eachother with different versions. A lesson I learned :)
blueSceaDa
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any other suggestions?

I use sqlite and nothing seems to help, of the suggested things. Now in 1.4.5 it even crashes seconds after being started... :( :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: