Bootstrap Error: It's Gawk again!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystilleef
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Bootstrap Error: It's Gawk again!!! Reply with quote

Hello Gents,

So I decided to rebuild my gentoo box from scratch, stage 1. I begin the bootstrap process and end up with an error message saying I need a particular version of gawk or newer. I've searched the forums for similar problems, but I've only gotten more confused.

What to do now? Some people say to emerge glibc, but they don't mention what to do afterwards. I mean after I emerge glibc individually, what happens to the rest of the bootstrap process? Do I redo the bootstrap process?

And yes, I did an emerge sync. Help!

Mystilleef

"My logic is undeniable."
Mystilleef
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: The Error Message Reply with quote

The error message is as follows:

Code:

* Please install sys-apps/gawk-3.1.1-r2 or later!

!!! ERROR:sys-apps/baselayout-1.8.6.7 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, line 126, Exitcode 0
!!! gawk too old

Funny enough, I found gawk-3.1.1-r2 and gawk-3.1.1-r3 ebuilds in the portage directly, so gawk couldn't be old. Help, I'm getting really frustrated.

Mystilleef

SMKaribou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here. Tried to build a Gentoo from stage1 yesterday and same error at bootstrap.
Mystilleef
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Try emerging gawk manually. Reply with quote

Hello,

I tried emerging gawk manually and things seemed to work fine. I did the bootstrap and emerge system and things went fine again. However, when I do an rc-update or when I boot my system, I get the following error:
Code:

/sbin/rc: line13: /var/lib/init.d/deptree: No such file or directory
Dependency info missing!
Please run
* # /sbin/depscan.sh
* to fix this.

But realised the depscan.sh script is missing and I don't know why. I think my whole init directory is screwed. So beware. Bah, I'm calling it a day. I'm tired and frustrated. I've done several boostraps but this has been the least rewarding. :x

DrSeltsam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Try emerging gawk manually. Reply with quote

Mystilleef wrote:
But realised the depscan.sh script is missing and I don't know why. I think my whole init directory is screwed. So beware. Bah, I'm calling it a day. I'm tired and frustrated. I've done several boostraps but this has been the least rewarding. :x

Try to re-emerge baselayout :-). depscan.sh is a part of it. For me it fixed the issue ... .
Sevein
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Mystilleef, we had the same problem. You told me to emerge gawk an redo bootstrap.h. That was nice! Like you, when I started Gentoo for the first time or when I used rc-update script in the installation, there was a problem with depscan.sh.

I emerge baselayout, like you say me, and all was good for me. Now I have Gentoo Linux from stage1 funciotally and now I am very happy.

Thanks
At0mic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note:
I got "* Please install sys-apps/gawk-3.1.1-r2 or later!" when I put "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" in my make.conf
When I didn't put it in (new install...) I didn't get it.

Of course maybe a newer version of baselayout was unmasked recently by the Gentoo dev folks, but I can't check right now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: