Realplayer woes
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinr
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Realplayer woes Reply with quote

Hi I've had realplayer 8 installed for some time and both the player and plugin were working fine. However I wanted to watch some clips at this site http://www.bbc.co.uk/englandonfilm/
but neither the player of plugin were able to view this clips. So I decided to try realone player. Which has led to the following problems:
1) I'm unable to add new plugin directories to the konqueror plugin dir list. I guess this is something to do with the way kde was compiled
2) if I create a link the the realone plugin dirs in the existing plugin dirs the plugin still does not work also I'm unsure about which plugin to use as there are many.
3) if I try and open the above archive in realone by selecting open-with I'm presented with the message:
" You do not have the necessary user permissions to enable autoupdate. Please contact your system admin for more information"
this happens even if I run the thing as root
I know am able to watch the clips by using crossover plugin and the windows version but I'd rather use the native linux one if possible
Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: