MythTV auto-expire and re-record
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoundsToZero
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: MythTV auto-expire and re-record Reply with quote

For some reason, episodes want to record again even after they have been recorded once! A program won't record twice as long as it is still present on the filesystem, but once it has auto-expired, it will record again. Why is this? This doesn't seem like the intended behavior. There is even an entry for the program in oldrecorded but MythTV still wants to record it again. When I look in Previously Recorded in the frontend, it even "admits" that it is re-recording some of the episodes, so it does know it already has recorded them once before.

I have duplicate check enabled (the default!) so why is it doing this? I know that it knows there's a duplicate; that's why it says "Re-record" for the episodes that are re-airing! I've got over 200 GB of shows in MythTV so I don't want to start over. I'm not convinced it would make a difference, anyway. Is there some option for this? Is auto-expire setting some status incorrectly?
Rob1n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is the intended behaviour. If a program auto-expires then it's presumably because you either didn't watch it or kept it around to re-watch it. In either case re-recording it when it comes on again would be the desired behaviour. If you delete the program manually then it won't re-record (unless you ask it to).
RoundsToZero
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make sense if the duplicate check method was set to "Current Recordings", but then why does the episode re-record even if the duplicate check policy is "All Recordings" or "Previous Recordings"?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: