Bit of a problem booting from USB
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mebe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Bit of a problem booting from USB Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm having bit of a problem with my setup. For some reason my motherboard and SCSI-RAID card don't want to co-operate properly, so I can't boot directly from the array. Instead, I installed the boot partition and GRUB on a USB stick. Everything is otherwise perfect, but on boot the system tries to run checkfs on /dev/sda1 (which would be the boot partition) before usbfs is initialized - which means it'll complain and I have to press CTRL-D everytime I boot!

I moved the USB initialization stuff from localmount to a new init script (and added that script to the boot runlevel). Then, I tried making it "before checkfs", making checkfs "after it" and making it provide a virtual dependency which checkfs then requires. None of these helped, but still checkfs is run before usbfs is initialized, causing the error message to pop up.

Any tips?
phobos13013
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how it worked for me.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-333824-highlight-.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: