[SOLVED ]Making back/forward buttons work
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hovendal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED ]Making back/forward buttons work Reply with quote

Hi!

You have properly heard this question before, but I cant seem to find an answer to it.. All guides I find are regarding the mousewheel - which by the way is working perfect.. But I am so missing my back (and forward, though not that much ;)) buttons in firefox - how can i make these work?

Im running Gentoo 2006.1 with gnome and beryl and my mouse is a Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Thanks alot in advance!

--Hovendal

Last edited by hovendal on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Making back/forward buttons work Reply with quote

hovendal wrote:
Hi!

You have properly heard this question before, but I cant seem to find an answer to it.. All guides I find are regarding the mousewheel - which by the way is working perfect.. But I am so missing my back (and forward, though not that much ;)) buttons in firefox - how can i make these work?

Im running Gentoo 2006.1 with gnome and beryl and my mouse is a Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Thanks alot in advance!

--Hovendal

evdev, w/ default config params... there is a wiki for it somewhere or search these forums. its easy as pie.

but... afaict, firefox auto-binds mouse buttons 6 and 7 to forward and backward navigation. use xev and modmap until the buttons you want produce the correct keypress event.

or use evdev (set to autoconfigure)
hovendal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for the answer...

The problem is im pretty new to linux/gentoo and i cant really figure out what the numbers do and how modmap does... I tried with an example i found, which resultet in my mouse-wheel being the forward/backward button... Can you possible please explain it a bit more detailed - I really cant find the howto - only a howto get the mouse wheel to function, which it does...
hovendal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved... The evdev driver wasnt loaded properly...:)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: