Mozilla to be removed from Portage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Mozilla to be removed from Portage Reply with quote

As per the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter.

This sucks - someone please volunteer to maintain it.

Please update the table of equivalents.
A Firefox guide.
davidgurvich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seamonkey project has continued from the mozilla codebase. The browser is quite good and accepts firefox plugins.
AllenJB
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O V E R L A Y S

Use them. Stop whining.
Torangan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really need it and seamonkey doesn't help you - maintain it yourself?
I got bitten by this removal as well as I use monodevelop which had a runtime dependency on mozilla. First I hacked it to work with seamonkey, then I created a local ebuild for the latest version which I happily found to not require it anymore. Now seamonkey is gone as well as the hack and I'm happy. Took some of my time in between but well, such is life. Gentoo at least makes such things easy to do.
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozilla is dead, that is why it is being removed. The Mozilla Corporation develops Firefox and Thunderbird, while the community maintains Seamonkey (replacement for the mozilla suite.)
Carlo
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mozilla to be removed from Portage Reply with quote

Beetle B. wrote:

Upstream doesn't maintain it anymore. Mozilla is vulnerable to many of the issues fixed with the recent Firefox/Seamonkey updates. Please inform yourself before starting whining.
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Use them. Stop whining.

Quote:
Please inform yourself before starting whining.

Wow. I had heard of the legendary friendliness of the Gentoo forums. Now I can experience it firsthand.

What, pray tell, made you think I was whining? Do you know what "This sucks" means?

For the record, I did not know about Seamonkey. Thanks for letting me know about it, and also letting me know that the Gentoo forums is not the place to ask such things - it must be for those who already know things.

There are probably no shortage of packages in Portage that are not maintained upstream. We don't just remove them for that reason, do we? I don't have issues with the developers not wanting it around: But I know that that's not the reason it's being dropped.

A Firefox guide.
Bobnoxous
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presentation is important. If you had asked why it's being removed instead of saying it sucks that it's being removed, the responses probably would've been more polite as well. But, sometimes people respond abrasively anyway.

There are many people on these forums, and many do not have good interpersonal skills. If you recognize that people tend to take the written word in the most negative light possible (defense mechanism, I guess), and phrase your comments with that in mind, you'll generally get back more positive responses.

In any case, try to have a bit of a thick skin. You did get the answers you need.
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you had asked why it's being removed instead of saying it sucks that it's being removed, the responses probably would've been more polite as well.

I didn't ask because I knew quite well why it was being removed - which is why I was requesting someone volunteer to maintain it. (Requesting, not demanding).

Quote:
In any case, try to have a bit of a thick skin. You did get the answers you need.

Indeed I did. The answers didn't bother me much - I've been on this forum for a while. I merely wanted to highlight the fact that when what is considered one of the most beginner-friendly[1] Linux distribution forums has a developer responding the way he/she did, there's a problem. Imagine if someone new to Gentoo got such answers.

I remember some years ago we had many people switching from Debian to Gentoo just because the Debian forums were not exactly friendly - to the point that people on the Debian forums were getting worried and highlighted the issue (can't find the corresponding thread on the Gentoo forums - probably late 2003). Let's not turn into Debian.

[1]Beginner-friendly refers to the forums, not Gentoo.

A Firefox guide.
Carlo
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetle B. wrote:
What, pray tell, made you think I was whining? Do you know what "This sucks" means?

Your begging that someone should maintain it. That's different to a friendly question why a package gets removed from the repository.

Beetle B. wrote:
There are probably no shortage of packages in Portage that are not maintained upstream. We don't just remove them for that reason, do we?

Abandoned software gets dropped sooner or later - and the rule of thumb is: the sooner the better. Exception is, when there're a lot of other packages depending on it and/or one or more developers decide that it's worth taking upstream responsibilities (Gtk+ 1.x would be an example).

Beetle B. wrote:
I don't have issues with the developers not wanting it around: But I know that that's not the reason it's being dropped.

What do you think the reason is!? We simply don't want vulnerable software in the repository.
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your begging that someone should maintain it. That's different to a friendly question why a package gets removed from the repository.

Is the world binary? If it's not a friendly question, it's then whining?

Quote:
What do you think the reason is!?

"Most packages which are listed under the Last Rites section are in need of some love and care and can remain in the tree if proper maintainership is established."

That was my assumption, as stated in the GWN.

Quote:
We simply don't want vulnerable software in the repository.

Masking?

A Firefox guide.
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masking would be reasonable if there were no alternative programs to use instead.

However, Mozilla does have alternatives - see /usr/portage/www-client/*
Gergan Penkov
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetle B. wrote:
Quote:
If you had asked why it's being removed instead of saying it sucks that it's being removed, the responses probably would've been more polite as well.

I didn't ask because I knew quite well why it was being removed - which is why I was requesting someone volunteer to maintain it. (Requesting, not demanding).

Quote:

Indeed I did. The answers didn't bother me much - I've been on this forum for a while. I merely wanted to highlight the fact that when what is considered one of the most beginner-friendly[1] Linux distribution forums has a developer responding the way he/she did, there's a problem. Imagine if someone new to Gentoo got such answers.

I remember some years ago we had many people switching from Debian to Gentoo just because the Debian forums were not exactly friendly - to the point that people on the Debian forums were getting worried and highlighted the issue (can't find the corresponding thread on the Gentoo forums - probably late 2003). Let's not turn into Debian.

[1]Beginner-friendly refers to the forums, not Gentoo.

There are distributions which have the resources to patch such badly written software for ages and their names are redhat, suse and probably debian, they could not update to newer versions as these are server binary distributions and have more or less to keep the ABI-versions...
You are using gentoo, which does not rely on ABI-staleness for the most part of it as it has the tools to resolve the problems, because of this, no one is willing to patch some dead fish.
You should be pleased to hear that your problem should have appeared earlier (a year ago) if the security policies were followed to the point...
If you still want to make a zombie from your pc - google for the mozilla-binary and use it ...
Be glad you finally walked away or you may have not lived another day."
Godsmack
Carlo
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetle B. wrote:
"Most packages which are listed under the Last Rites section are in need of some love and care and can remain in the tree if proper maintainership is established."

Nice words these are. In general not even wrong - they mean you are asked to step up and not to urge others to do so.

Beetle B. wrote:
Quote:
We simply don't want vulnerable software in the repository.

Masking?

Masking is a temporary solution and means no support either. Put the ebuild in your overlay and maintain it yourself, if you're so keen after it, despite the known vulnerabilities.
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see with seamonkey is that there appears to be very few themes for it. I hope as the project matures this problem lessens. I liked using mozilla on my desktop (firefox on laptop), but now I'm not sure if I should keep the old buggy version of mozilla or upgrade and have it look ugly.
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice words these are. In general not even wrong - they mean you are asked to step up and not to urge others to do so.

I'm sorry, but that's not what it means. Plain English - the statement does not limit who is being asked to maintain it. They just wanted someone.

And that's beside the point. It implies that they felt it would be nice to keep it around in Portage, but they can't do it and were asking someone to maintain it - as opposed to saying that the package was hazardous and they want it removed. I won't accept blame for the assumptions I made.

A Firefox guide.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mozilla to be removed from Portage Reply with quote

Beetle B. wrote:
As per the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter.

why? I've had USE="firefox -mozilla" for months now. you volunteer to maintain it.
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikegpitt wrote:
The only problem I see with seamonkey is that there appears to be very few themes for it. I hope as the project matures this problem lessens. I liked using mozilla on my desktop (firefox on laptop), but now I'm not sure if I should keep the old buggy version of mozilla or upgrade and have it look ugly.

Upgrade. I doubt Multizilla, the kitchen sink of extensions, will be supporting the old code base either.
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EzInKy wrote:
mikegpitt wrote:

Upgrade. I doubt Multizilla, the kitchen sink of extensions, will be supporting the old code base either.
I actually chose the opposite for now. All I need is the Orbit theme for seamonkey working and I think I will make the switch.
oot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: disgruntled, and i'm armed Reply with quote

Way off topic, butt it still looks like a good place to put this.
I found this thread with search terms "seamonkey sucks". i also think it sucks.
I was hoping to find some tips n tricks to make seamonkey less sucky.
--If that sort of whining offends youse, see the 'thick skin' suggestion above.
I have mozilla working great. But now that it's put to pasture, we all must eventually look to another browser.

I stopped posting to this forum long ago because of the pissiness and short tempers.
Tho it is a wealth of information, and there are people here well deserving of the status of guru,
there are other 'gurus' that easily see fit to belittle and put the less knowlegable in our places.
After reading this thread, i think i'm finally going to start checking into another distro.
Maybe i'll go back to slackware. When i used it b4, there weren't as many choices 'out o the box', but it just worked.
And no need for regular visits to a support forum.
It is really sweet to have portage grab the tarballs and apply patches, but i guess i can go back to doing it myself.
Seems like every time i search here anymore, i have to wade thru big headed posts digging into a guy that just wants a simple answer.
For those that feel the need to do that, we're not all 733t like you.
Everyone that is trying to enjoy the freedom of this distro doesn't have the vast knowlege and experience as you.
The way i interpret the original post (and are my sentiments, too) ;
'I liked mozilla. Seamonkey is not my cup o tea. I don't have the resources to keep mozilla active. Could any of youse?'
-Pardon me, Beetle B., if i'm off the mark.
But it didn't sound like whining to me. I can't see where he might have been begging for anything.
And for the inevitable snotty reply about my leaving gentoo-- scroo ya. Right in the face. Enjoy your distro, guru.
There's always ubuntu, mepis, knoppix, slackware, suse...
txboy
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torangan wrote:
If you really need it and seamonkey doesn't help you - maintain it yourself?
I got bitten by this removal as well as I use monodevelop which had a runtime dependency on mozilla. First I hacked it to work with seamonkey, then I created a local ebuild for the latest version which I happily found to not require it anymore. Now seamonkey is gone as well as the hack and I'm happy. Took some of my time in between but well, such is life. Gentoo at least makes such things easy to do.

Today I've installed monodevelop in my system, using kde as desktop.
When running, it gives me the error I put below.
I've installed seamonkey too but doesn't solve the problem.
Could you please tell me how to get it working without mozilla ?

Thank you very much in advance. ;)

Code:
grep: /etc/gre.d/*.conf: No existe el fichero o el directorio
which: no mozilla in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.1:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.1:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-bin/4.1.1:/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/bin:/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/jre/bin:/usr/kde/3.5/bin:/usr/qt/3/bin:/usr/qt/3-embedded/bin:/usr/games/bin)
QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
QPainter::end: Missing begin() or begin() failed
Consider using MONO_EXTERNAL_ENCODINGS

Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gnome.Icon.gnome_icon_lookup_sync (intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr,int,int&) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gnome.Icon.gnome_icon_lookup_sync (intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr,int,int&) <0xffffffff>
  at Gnome.Icon.LookupSync (Gtk.IconTheme,Gnome.ThumbnailFactory,string,string,Gnome.IconLookupFlags,Gnome.IconLookupResultFlags&) <0x0009c>
  at MonoDevelop.Core.Gui.Utils.FileIconLoader.GetPixbufForFile (string,int) <0x00223>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Pads.FileListItem..ctor (string) <0x00107>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Pads.FileScout.OnDirChanged (string) <0x00124>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Pads.FileScout..ctor () <0x002b1>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object.runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (object,object[]) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (object,object[]) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo) <0x00090>
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo) <0x0001c>
  at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (object[]) <0x00035>
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x0011d>
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x0000c>
  at MonoDevelop.Core.AddIns.AddIn.CreateObject (string) <0x00022>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Codons.PadCodon.CreatePad () <0x000a8>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Codons.PadCodon.BuildItem (object,System.Collections.ArrayList,MonoDevelop.Core.AddIns.ConditionCollection) <0x00014>
  at MonoDevelop.Core.AddIns.DefaultAddInTreeNode.BuildChildItems (object) <0x00167>
  at MonoDevelop.Core.AddIns.AddInService.GetTreeItems (string,System.Type) <0x00066>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DefaultWorkbench.InitializeLayout (MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.IWorkbenchLayout) <0x00061>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.Initialize (MonoDevelop.Core.IProgressMonitor) <0x0009a>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.IdeApp.Initialize (MonoDevelop.Core.IProgressMonitor) <0x0011d>
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.IdeStartup.Run (string[]) <0x00b71>
  at MonoDevelop.Core.AddIns.AddInService.StartApplication (string,string[]) <0x0017c>
  at MonoDevelop.Startup.SharpDevelopMain.Main (string[]) <0x00039>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object.runtime_invoke_int_string[] (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

/usr/bin/mono [0x815f09b]
        /usr/bin/mono [0x8129ed8]
        [0xb7f5d440]
        /usr/lib/libfam.so.0 [0xb3aa5a52]
        /usr/lib/libfam.so.0 [0xb3a9f829]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6bbe5]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6bcf1]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6f932]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6b832]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6f209]
        /lib/libdl.so.2 [0xb7d1ee3d]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 [0xb7f6b832]
        /lib/libdl.so.2 [0xb7d1f2dc]
        /lib/libdl.so.2(dlopen+0x41) [0xb7d1ed71]
        /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0(g_module_open+0x162) [0xb7f344e2]

Debug info from gdb:

(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread -1210988864 (LWP 23818)]
[New Thread -1269822576 (LWP 23909)]
[New Thread -1268769904 (LWP 23908)]
[New Thread -1264346224 (LWP 23907)]
[New Thread -1263293552 (LWP 23906)]
[New Thread -1262240880 (LWP 23903)]
[New Thread -1261114480 (LWP 23902)]
[New Thread -1260061808 (LWP 23898)]
[New Thread -1258943600 (LWP 23895)]
[New Thread -1257698416 (LWP 23894)]
[New Thread -1219695728 (LWP 23832)]
[New Thread -1213936752 (LWP 23831)]
0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  12 Thread -1213936752 (LWP 23831)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  11 Thread -1219695728 (LWP 23832)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  10 Thread -1257698416 (LWP 23894)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  9 Thread -1258943600 (LWP 23895)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  8 Thread -1260061808 (LWP 23898)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  7 Thread -1261114480 (LWP 23902)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  6 Thread -1262240880 (LWP 23903)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  5 Thread -1263293552 (LWP 23906)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  4 Thread -1264346224 (LWP 23907)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  3 Thread -1268769904 (LWP 23908)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  2 Thread -1269822576 (LWP 23909)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
  1 Thread -1210988864 (LWP 23818)  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()

Thread 12 (Thread -1213936752 (LWP 23831)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb7a4c3b8 in ?? ()
#2  0x081f0190 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 11 (Thread -1219695728 (LWP 23832)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb74ce1b8 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000002d in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 10 (Thread -1257698416 (LWP 23894)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb5090140 in ?? ()
#2  0x081f0190 in ?? ()
#3  0xb5090118 in ?? ()
#4  0xb7e86568 in accept () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#5  0x08100069 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000035 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 9 (Thread -1258943600 (LWP 23895)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4f600cc in ?? ()
#2  0x0000002d in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 8 (Thread -1260061808 (LWP 23898)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4e4efa0 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000051 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 7 (Thread -1261114480 (LWP 23902)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4d4dc24 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000023 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 6 (Thread -1262240880 (LWP 23903)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4c3b1c0 in ?? ()
#2  0x081f0190 in ?? ()
#3  0xb4c3b1a4 in ?? ()
#4  0xb7e86b36 in ?? () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#5  0x080fec96 in ?? ()
#6  0xb4c3b1ac in ?? ()
#7  0xb4c3b1a4 in ?? ()
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 5 (Thread -1263293552 (LWP 23906)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4b39ff0 in ?? ()
#2  0x081f0190 in ?? ()
#3  0xb4b39fc8 in ?? ()
#4  0xb7e866e8 in recvfrom () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#5  0x08100c6b in ?? ()
#6  0x00000037 in ?? ()
#7  0x004bd010 in ?? ()
#8  0x00001000 in ?? ()
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 4 (Thread -1264346224 (LWP 23907)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb4a390e8 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000021 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 3 (Thread -1268769904 (LWP 23908)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb46010e8 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000b in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 2 (Thread -1269822576 (LWP 23909)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#1  0xb45001e0 in ?? ()
#2  0x081f0190 in ?? ()
#3  0xb45001c4 in ?? ()
#4  0xb7e86b36 in ?? () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#5  0x080fec96 in ?? ()
#6  0xb45001cc in ?? ()
#7  0xb45001c4 in ?? ()
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Thread 1 (Thread -1210988864 (LWP 23818)):
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()
#0  0xb7f5d410 in ?? ()

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================
c0r0
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow seamonkey is great, i just want my box to be stable and i use seamonkey. it's better than firefox, in performance i think. firefox, hang more often than not
abdullah
n00b
n00b

Location: My Chair, My Computing room, My house, NSW, Australia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW interesting thread...

Never had a problem with Firefox, but then only use it for UNI as they
don't allow the use of Opera... Opera is my default browser, which has
only ever hickuped when i ran out of HDD space...

Simple fact is that yes mozilla is gone get over it, it was just a port of
netscape (eeewww) personally I only had it in coz of the deps on it, which
are now gone...

txboy

If you read his full post you would see that he said at the end of it...
Quote:
...then I created a local ebuild for the latest version which I happily
found to not require it anymore. Now seamonkey is gone as well as the hack
and I'm happy. Took some of my time in between but well, such is life. Gentoo at least
makes such things easy to do.

Perhaps you should instead ask him to post the e-build or start a new thread
asking for help with your problem with a program and not hijack another persons
thread...

This whole thread was started when someone decided to let off steam about the fact that
thier favorite dinosaur was at last being put down and was not in fact a support thread...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: