View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: No ScreenSavers or New Fonts In Control Center [Solved] Reply with quote

The control center for kde appears to be broken on my install. First of all there are no Screen Savers. I have Xscreensavor and kscreensaver installed and nothing shows up. Second My new fonts i installed via the gentoo-wiki xorg font artical dont show up either! (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xorg_and_Fonts)

Anyone have any IDEAS!!!!???? I am about 30 seconds away from switching to Ubuntu. This Optiplex GX620 has been the biggest pain in my ass already and now kde issues which no one has resolutions.

Last edited by KWhat on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the screen savor issue with the following command. I know this is a lot of things you probably dont need but one of them is the issue. The font issue is still a problem.

Code:

emerge -av kde-misc/kgraphspace kde-base/ark kde-base/atlantik kde-base/certmanager kde-base/kate kde-base/katomic kde-base/kaudiocreator kde-base/kbackgammon kde-base/kbattleship kde-base/kblackbox kde-base/kcalc kde-base/kcheckpass kde-base/kcminit kde-base/kcontrol kde-base/kdeartwork-kscreensaver kde-base/kdebase-data kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves kde-base/kdebase-pam kde-base/kdebase-startkde kde-base/kdegames-meta kde-base/kdelibs kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves kde-base/kdesktop kde-base/kdesu  kde-base/kdialog kde-base/kedit kde-base/kenolaba  kde-base/kfind kde-base/kfouleggs kde-base/kgoldrunner kde-base/khelpcenter kde-base/khexedit kde-base/khotkeys kde-base/kicker kde-base/kicker-applets kde-base/kjumpingcube kde-base/klickety kde-base/klines kde-base/kmahjongg kde-base/kmenuedit kde-base/kmines kde-base/kmix kde-base/knode kde-base/konqueror kde-base/konquest kde-base/konsole kde-base/kontact kde-base/kpager kde-base/kpat kde-base/kpersonalizer kde-base/kpoker kde-base/kreadconfig kde-base/kreversi kde-base/ksame kde-base/kscreensaver kde-base/kshisen kde-base/ksirtet kde-base/ksmiletris kde-base/ksmserver kde-base/ksnake kde-base/ksnapshot kde-base/ksokoban kde-base/kspaceduel kde-base/ksplashml kde-base/ksysguard kde-base/ktnef kde-base/ktron kde-base/ktuberling kde-base/kview kde-base/kwin kde-base/kwin4 kde-base/kxkb kde-base/libkcal kde-base/libkcddb kde-base/libkdegames kde-base/libkdenetwork kde-base/libkdepim kde-base/libkmime kde-base/libkonq kde-base/libkpgp kde-base/libkpimidentities kde-base/lskat kde-base/umbrello
KWhat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to emerge a few of the required packages for the font setup.... reemerged them and look at that i have fonts =P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: