Wierd Problems with 2.5.69
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brazil
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Wierd Problems with 2.5.69 Reply with quote

I just installed kernel 2.5.69... and I am getting some wierd things happening... The console acts as if the screen is bigger than it should be... More things happend beyond the bottom of the screen and text is wrapping aroind at wietd places...

Also, when I try to start gnome-terminal... it just sits there... no prompt comes up. One time it caused X to restart.

Also, why is memory usage always 0% in the 2.5 kernels?

-Brazil
sebgarden
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Brazil,

Memory usage 0 in 2.5 kernel ? That cannot be. Also, if you get these weird errors, I presume that you could have make an error compiling the kernel, therefore inducing some instability. Check your kernel configuration first.

Regards,
Sébastien.
handsomepete
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wierd Problems with 2.5.69 Reply with quote

Brazil wrote:
I just installed kernel 2.5.69... and I am getting some wierd things happening... The console acts as if the screen is bigger than it should be... More things happend beyond the bottom of the screen and text is wrapping aroind at wietd places...

Also, when I try to start gnome-terminal... it just sits there... no prompt comes up. One time it caused X to restart.

Also, why is memory usage always 0% in the 2.5 kernels?

-Brazil

Make sure you've mounted devpts (the entry in fstab would be just like tmpfs only s/tmpfs/devpts) - I think that can have an affect on your terminal (there's a couple threads in the forums that explain why). Memory usage might be just one of those things that happen with a development/beta program. *shrug* I've never noticed it (2.5.69-mm3), but I never really look at memory usage.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: