View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saxjazman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: evolution timezone info (DST Changes) [Solved...ish] Reply with quote

In case anyone's evolution is f'd.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=83954

the changes have been committed, just not sent out yet... so you may need to parse/update your own respective .ics file. Restart evolution and it seems to work.\

[edit] although it seems to screw up all your re-occurring appointments until after the old "DST" date... any thoughts?

[edit] seems that it's only for re-occuring apts though
crowbert
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found the solution for recurring meetings yet.

I have made the same change in my calendar.ics file for the DST change, as well as the change in global settings file.

(insert long rant about Evolution and quality here) I also don't understand why Evolution needs its own timezone files. Shouldn't it use the system files that everyone updated last year?
crowbert
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the recurring meetings is that the meetings are set with the timezone information in the calendar.ics file not referencing a specific time zone file.

The solution is to do some search-and-replace in your calendar.ics file.

First, from the timezone file that you modified in /usr/share/evolution-data-server*/..., look for a line like:
Code:
TZID:/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/America/New_York
and then in the calendar.ics file (probably in ~/.evolution/calendar/local/system/), look for all references to 'TZID=(GMT-..' and change them be 'TZID=/softwarestudio.org/...' (whatever that tag from above was).

Then restart, and all is well.

Now that I've done that, it looks like I have a bunch of copies of timezone defintions in my calendar.ics file. You can probably fix this by fixing all of those definitions. Search for all the
Code:
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
tags and make the same change as in the global .ics file.

Anyway, it's probably just as well to have all the meetings referencing the same timezone definition. I pulled out all the VTIMEZONE entries from my calendar.ics file, and everything seems to be working.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: