Intel DG965ss. Cant boot from liveCD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinsmore
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Intel DG965ss. Cant boot from liveCD Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble trying to install gentoo on a new computer with an Intel DG965 Motherboard.
When I try to boot the gentoo liveCD, it tells me that it can't find any bootable devices. I'm assuming this has something to do with my chipset support. I've downloaded an unofficial copy from the livecd which has support for something about JMicron or something like that... No luck.
I can't boot with other liveCD's like backtrack or ubuntu, but as they are pretty old, I'm downloading the latest knoppix copy, with the 2.6.19 kernel...
Any suggestions??

Thnx
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the "unofficial copy" kernelOfTruth's LiveCD? If it is, please see JMicron - KOT - No bootable device found ???
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.
dinsmore
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the one. I tried it and after entering the boot option for JMicron support (gentoo-irqpoll or something like that), the computer just freezes, with the monitor completely blank. Don't know why...
I'll look into the information on that thread...
Thanks...
torclay
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Intel DG965ss. Cant boot from liveCD Reply with quote

dinsmore wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble trying to install gentoo on a new computer with an Intel DG965 Motherboard.
When I try to boot the gentoo liveCD, it tells me that it can't find any bootable devices. I'm assuming this has something to do with my chipset support. I've downloaded an unofficial copy from the livecd which has support for something about JMicron or something like that... No luck.
I can't boot with other liveCD's like backtrack or ubuntu, but as they are pretty old, I'm downloading the latest knoppix copy, with the 2.6.19 kernel...
Any suggestions??

Thnx

I recently installed gentoo on this board. I was able to get it to boot by adding the kernel option all-generic-ide.

Torsten
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: