View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gionnico
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Compiz, beryl, compiz-fusion: ??? Reply with quote

In the beginning there was Compiz. Then beryl bear, based on compiz. Compiz kept developing.
Then compiz-fusion bear and beryl die. It was based on .. latest compiz beta and beryl, wasn't it?
And what's going to happen to compiz? :?: :?: :?:
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiz, beryl, compiz-fusion: ??? Reply with quote

gionnico wrote:
In the beginning there was Compiz. Then beryl bear, based on compiz. Compiz kept developing.
Then compiz-fusion bear and beryl die. It was based on .. latest compiz beta and beryl, wasn't it?
And what's going to happen to compiz? :?: :?: :?:

I am not very interested in any of those, but it's not a complex thing.

There was compiz. As everything in life, there were to sides: a more conservative one, and a more bleeding edge one. So, they splitted. Compiz continued its way as the conservative branch, while the "radical part" continues as compiz-quinnstorm, which would later be renamed as beryl.

Now, the two sides have become bored, and decided to rejoin forces again into compiz-fusion. I don't know if they plan to maintain compiz as a separate thing or not, though I really doubt it. It would make more sense to just use compiz-fussion and disable the plugins you don't want.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: