View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildhorse
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Krita, dpstk not found [SOLVED] Reply with quote

After switching to modular X, I tried to emerge koffice-meta. It dies, with the following error:
Quote:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -ldpstk
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libkritagmagickimport.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-office/krita-1.6.1/work/krita-1.6.1/filters/krita/gmagick'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-office/krita-1.6.1/work/krita-1.6.1/filters/krita'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-office/krita-1.6.1/work/krita-1.6.1/filters'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-office/krita-1.6.1/work/krita-1.6.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: app-office/krita-1.6.1 failed.

I presume that dpstk is the Display PostScript Toolkit, right? That should have been installed with xorg-x11, right? Does anybody have a quick fix at hand? I would love to get my koffice back, including krita.

Side note: I liked Display PostScript (DPS) very much because it allows me to display something on the screen with exactly the same statements which then produce later a printout on paper. I thought this concept (WYSIWYG) was neat, and used it in a software project. Now, it is my understanding that Adobe pulled the plug on DPS for VMS, and for some reason Compaq did not have the guts to tell Adobe to go forth and multiply. If I am correctly informed, then the same happened to Mac OS. Instead, Adobe is playing these days the stupid PDF upgrade games (every week a new version) to maintain a monopoly. Quite frankly, I find Adobe worse than Microsoft.

Last edited by wildhorse on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
dberkholz
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody uses DPS anymore, and we're removing it from the tree. Try something like this:
Code:
grep dps /usr/lib/*.la

And then remove the '-ldpstk' line from any files that show up. Also uninstall dpstk or gtkDPS if they're installed.
wildhorse
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your assertion that nobody uses DPS anymore is rather pointless since you cannot possibly know what everybody is doing or wants to do. I find it disappointing that you remove DPS.
I would advise against the modification of libtool library files. That would break other things and hardly solve the problem.
I found that graphicsmagick had a reference to the DPS toolkit library. I rebuilt graphicsmagick. Eventually emerge koffice-meta finished without a problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: