View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Appl's using kwallet for authentication don't work anymore Reply with quote

Hi.

I was using kwallet for storing my passwords from Konqueror, Kopete aso but now none of these application do work anymore when I need to enter my passwords. For instance when Kopete starts I used to have a message window saying Kopete requests access to kwallet; yes/no. Now there is no such window anymore and kopete never connects anymore to none of my IM accounts.

When I wanted to browse Samba/Windows network folders I also used to have a window which asked me to type my kwallet password. Now not only don't I get prompted for my kwallet password but Konqueror doesn't even open on the network folder anymore...

Finally when I open kwallet no wallet exists although I had one defined before. Creating a new wallet doesn't work either (there is no new wallet created actually). Nothing happens either when I want to create a new kwallet account from the Configure dialog > Preferences tab. I can uncheck, apply, check, apply again the option Enable KDE wallet subsystem, it doesn't change anything, the problem still remains.

This is quite annoying and it seems to happen only with my regular user profile. I have a Linux test account that I used for checking this behaviour with a blank profile and it works as expected with the Linux test account, i.e. kwallet prompts for its password each time an application requests it.

I tried deleting ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet directory, files ~/.kde/share/config/kwalletrc and ~/.kde/share/config/kwalletmanagerrc, no way. What can I do to get kwallet work proprely again with my own profile?

Thanks in advance.
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the answer: I had added USE flags avahi and zeroconf to kdelibs. After that kded seemed to run in the first place when I logged on.

So I ran kded on the command line and it crashed repeatedly. I saw error messages about avahi so I remembered I had enabled the USE flags above. I didn't look any further and recompiled kdelibs without these. Now I have screwed up all my wallets for nothing but at least Kopete et al. work normally again :-) .
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: