dev-java/openjdk-1.7
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: dev-java/openjdk-1.7 Reply with quote

I just read over at planet.gentoo.org that betelgeuse got a ebuild for it out today (btw, good luck on your C exam if you read this). It is currently at alpha12 .. so this is still pretty experimental.

Anyways, I just got the emerge going, it took about 45minutes on his Core2, so we will see how long it takes for mine.

The deps that I didn't have were sun-jdk-1.7, openmotif, ... yeah thats it

Anyways, the first problem I had was a sandbox error, the build.xml wanted to create a /root/.openjdk ... not sure why, but I just ran it with a -sandbox .. which I know isn't safe, but I am excited to check this out.

EDIT :: a way around using -sandbox, just run mkdir /root/.openjdk , and then build.xml doesn't try to make it, and then so it doesn't pull a sandbox violation.

So just thought I would start the thread, since it isn't out there. I'll update it once I get it emerge and list any other issues I find.
immudium
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: dev-java/openjdk-1.7 Reply with quote

Insanity5902 wrote:

The deps that I didn't have were sun-jdk-1.7, openmotif, ... yeah thats it

Wait, so let me get this straight. In order to build openjdk 1.7 from source you have to have Sun's binary 1.7 JDK? That's doesn't make sense to me. I could see having to have the sun-jdk-1.6 binary to build it, but requiring basically the equivalent of the same binary which you are trying to build in the first place... that's no good...
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably b/c there are 3 core parts that aren't released under the open gpl, so I imagine, you ned the 1.7 jdk for it from sun to get those peices., not sure really, but it is just a bin package extracted to /opt, doesn't really make any difference to your system.

I am trying to re-compile it right now, I have having a few issues with the ebuild.
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem in the ebuild, small typo, when setting the arc he acidentally uses arch, I dropped the 'h' and it compiled.

So no I was able to select it, but a get an error

Code:
/usr/lib/jvm/openjdk-1.7/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

more exploring
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So some more playing I found sun-jdk-1.7 works find, and that openjdk-1.7 works fine as root, it is just openjdk-1.7 that doesn't work as user

It is probably a permission issue somewhere, I just don't have time to look right now.

EDIT :: I made time

/opt/sun-jdk-1.7.0.0_alpha12/jre/lib/amd64/jli:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 48335 2007-05-08 21:21 libjli.so

/opt/openjdk-1.7.0.0_alpha12/jre/lib/amd64/jli:
-rw------- 1 root root 41874 2007-05-09 21:32 libjli.so

so it is a permission thing and I really don't have time to fix it :) Cool thing is the compiled version is smaller , mwhahaha
nihilo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw the same thing too. It looks like only root could read at least some of the files. After fixing that, it couldn't read something else as user either, so I just did the following to make all files readable by group and world:

Code:
find /opt/openjdk-1.7.0.0_alpha12/ -type f -exec chmod ag+r {} \;

I would never blindly make everything world readable for a java install except when just playing around, as here, so anybody else following along, don't go blindly copying that and using it without making sure that some things are not meant to be world readable.

Looking forward to seeing if there is a non-trivial speed difference.

[edit]Quick test of the scimark2 java benchmark (appletviewer http://math.nist.gov/scimark2/run.html, or a more tuned option: appletviewer -J-server -J-Xms16M -J-XX:+UseParallelGC -J-XX:+AggressiveOpts http://math.nist.gov/scimark2/run.html) didn't reveal any significant difference between the plain sun java and the custom compiled openjdk java. I didn't have much time for experimenting though. On the plus side, java7 is a bit faster than java6 even at this early alpha stage.[/edit]
Betelgeuse
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: umask Reply with quote

Those of you who have been having the permission issue please post emerge --info and the output of umask.
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can be of any more assistance let me know

Code:
gibbonsr@twix ~ % umask

Code:
gibbonsr@twix ~ % emerge --info
Portage 2.1.2.2 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.21-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.21-gentoo x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7600  @ 2.33GHz
Gentoo Base System release 2.0.0_alpha3
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:50:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [disabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.31-r5
dev-lang/python:     2.4.3-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-Os -march=nocona -fomit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ftracer -fforce-addr -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-Os -march=nocona -fomit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ftracer -fforce-addr -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -s"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude-from=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/xfce /usr/local/portage/layman/xeffects /usr/local/portage/layman/gentoo-java-experimental /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.routedtechnologies.com/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acpi aim alsa amd64 berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdaudio cdparanoia cdr cli console cpudetection cracklib crypt cups curl dbus deprecated dia discouraged divx dri dts dvd dvdr dvdread emboss emerald encode evo exif flac foomaticdb gcj gdbm gif gimp glitz gmedia gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk hal hbci iconv icq imap imlib inotify ipod ipv6 irc isdnlog ithreads java jikes jpeg kqemu libg++ libnotify logrotate mad midi mikmod mmx mozbranding mozdevelop moznopango mp3 mpeg msn msoffice ncurses newspr nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ofx ogg openal opengl pam pcre pda pdf perl plugins png postscript ppds pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline realmedia reflection regex replytolist rss rtc scanner sdl session slp smp snmp socks5 spell spl sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg syslog tcpd threads threadsafe tiff timidity tk truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb vorbis wmp x264 xml xorg xv xvid yahoo zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev synaptics" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon fglrx"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS

nihilo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: umask Reply with quote

Betelgeuse wrote:
Those of you who have been having the permission issue please post emerge --info and the output of umask.

Code:
gould ~ # umask
gould ~ # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.2.2 (default-linux/x86/2006.1/desktop, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.21-gentoo i686)
System uname: 2.6.21-gentoo i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:20:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.31-r5
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
FEATURES="assume-digests ccache confcache digest distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict userfetch userpriv"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/gentoo/ http://gentoo.mirrors.easynews.com/linux/gentoo/ http://gentoo.mirrors.tera-byte.com/ http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ http://prometheus.cs.wmich.edu/gentoo http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/ http://gentoo.llarian.net/ http://gentoo.chem.wisc.edu/gentoo/ http://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/gentoo/ http://gentoo.mirrors.tds.net/gentoo http://cudlug.cudenver.edu/gentoo/ http://gentoo.arcticnetwork.ca/ http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/gentoo/ http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/gentoo/"
LANG="en_US"
LC_ALL="en_US"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/haskell /usr/portage/local/layman/custom-kernels /usr/portage/local/layman/java-overlay /usr/portage/local/layman/common-lisp /usr/portage/local/layman/pythonhead /usr/portage/local/layman/science /usr/portage/local/layman/webapps-experimental /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acpi alsa apache2 arts bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cairo cdr cli cpudetection cracklib crypt cups curl cursors dbus divx dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd fam ffmpeg firefox flac fortran gdbm gdm gif glibc-omitfp gmedia gnome gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal icons iconv icq imagemagick ipod ipv6 isdnlog ithreads java5 jce jpeg jpeg2k jython ldap libg++ mad midi mikmod mmx moznoirc moznomail mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mpeg2 mplayer ncurses network nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ocaml offensive ogg opengl oss pam pcre perl plotutils png ppds python qt3 qt4 quicktime readline real realmedia reflection sdl session sockets spell spl sse sse2 ssl svg tcpd tetex theora thunderbird tidy tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb vcd vim-pager vim-syntax vim-with-x vorbis wifi win32codecs wmp x264 x86 xml xorg xscreensaver xsl xv xvid xvmc yahoo zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv vesa fbdev"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Uzytkownik
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet eclipse worked on OpenJDK two days ago...
Log: (from eclipse/configration)
Code:
!SESSION 2007-05-15 23:41:48.613 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20070212-1330
java.version=1.7.0-internal
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.common 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.380
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:294)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:329)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1046)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:573)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:495)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:275)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:455)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:189)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:291)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.384
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.4,CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:294)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:329)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1046)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:573)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:495)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:275)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:455)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:189)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:291)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.394
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.404
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ was not resolved.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.407
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.2.R32x_v20070111.jar/ was not resolved.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.410
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ was not resolved.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.507
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:65)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:624)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.532
!MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved because the following root constraints are not resolved:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.533
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.2.R32x_v20070111.jar/ was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.update.configurator 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.533
!MESSAGE Missing imported package org.w3c.dom_0.0.0.
!MESSAGE Missing imported package javax.xml.parsers_0.0.0.
!MESSAGE Missing imported package org.xml.sax.helpers_0.0.0.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.update.configurator 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.534
!MESSAGE Missing imported package org.xml.sax_0.0.0.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.534
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.534
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.core.jobs_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.equinox.preferences_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.equinox.registry_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.core.contenttype_[3.2.0,4.0.0).

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.579
!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.580
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ [1] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.common 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.580
!MESSAGE Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.2.R32x_v20070111.jar/ [2] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.update.configurator 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.580
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.equinox.common_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.update.configurator 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.581
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.581
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ [3] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.581
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.583
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.584
!MESSAGE Missing optionally required bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth_[3.2.0,4.0.0).

Code:
Portage 2.1.2.7 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.19-suspend2-r3 i686)
System uname: 2.6.19-suspend2-r3 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.50GHz
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.10
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:00:06 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [disabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.32
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.23b
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.21
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pipe -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ggdb"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pipe -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ggdb"
FEATURES="ccache distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms splitdebug userfetch userpriv"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="en_GB en_US pl"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/gentopia /usr/portage/local/layman/ecatmur /usr/portage/local/layman/gnome-experimental /usr/portage/local/layman/java-overlay /usr/portage/local/layman/break-my-gentoo-main /usr/portage/local/layman/custom-kernels /usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise /usr/portage/local/layman/java-experimental /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X aac acl acpi aiglx alsa applet avahi avalon bash-completion beagle berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth boo browseplugin bzip2 cairo calendar caps cddb cdparanoia cdr cli cracklib crypt cups curl curlwrappers d daap dbus devhelp disk-partition djvu doc dri dvd dvdr dvdread eclipse eds emacs emboss encode esd evo evolution exif expat fam ffmpeg firefox flac flash fortran fuse galago gconf gdbm gdl gedit gif gimp glut gmail gmp gnome gnutls gphoto2 gpm gsf gstreamer gtk gtkhtml hal iconv idle imap ipod iproute2 ipv6 isdnlog jabber java jpeg jpeg2k jython kerberos keyring libburn libg++ libgda libnotify libsexy logrotate lucene mad madwifi maildir mhash midi mikmod mmap mmx mono mozilla mp3 mpeg mule musicbrainz nautilus ncurses network networkmanager nfs nls nntp no-old-linux nptl nptlonly nsplugin ntpl ogg oggvorbis openal opengl pam pango pbm pcmcia pcre pdf perl png pop postgres pppd python quicktime readline reflection reiserfs rhino ruby samba scanner sdl session soap sourceview spell spl sqlite sse sse2 ssh ssl subversion svg symlink syslog tcpd tetex theora threads tiff timidity totem trayicon truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb vorbis vte wifi x86 xcomposite xforms xhtml xml xml2 xorg xsl xv zlib" ALSA_CARDS="atiixp" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" CAMERAS="panasonic" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev mouse keyboard" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en_GB en_US pl" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

PS. On 'sun' java it works.
Uzytkownik
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uzytkownik wrote:
I bet eclipse worked on OpenJDK two days ago...
Log: (from eclipse/configration)
Code:
!SESSION 2007-05-15 23:41:48.613 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20070212-1330
java.version=1.7.0-internal
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.common 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.380
!STACK 0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.384
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.4,CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.394
!STACK 0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.404
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ was not resolved.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.407

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.410

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.507
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:65)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:624)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.532
!MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved because the following root constraints are not resolved:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.533
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.update.configurator 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.534
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.534

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.579
!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ [1] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.common 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.580
!MESSAGE Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.2.R32x_v20070111.jar/ [2] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.581
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.2.0.v20060603.jar/ [3] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.581
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2007-05-15 23:41:52.584
!MESSAGE Missing optionally required bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth_[3.2.0,4.0.0).

Code:
Portage 2.1.2.7 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.19-suspend2-r3 i686)
System uname: 2.6.19-suspend2-r3 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.50GHz
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.10
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:00:06 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [disabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.32
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.23b
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.21
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pipe -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ggdb"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pipe -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ggdb"
FEATURES="ccache distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms splitdebug userfetch userpriv"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="en_GB en_US pl"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/gentopia /usr/portage/local/layman/ecatmur /usr/portage/local/layman/gnome-experimental /usr/portage/local/layman/java-overlay /usr/portage/local/layman/break-my-gentoo-main /usr/portage/local/layman/custom-kernels /usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise /usr/portage/local/layman/java-experimental /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X aac acl acpi aiglx alsa applet avahi avalon bash-completion beagle berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth boo browseplugin bzip2 cairo calendar caps cddb cdparanoia cdr cli cracklib crypt cups curl curlwrappers d daap dbus devhelp disk-partition djvu doc dri dvd dvdr dvdread eclipse eds emacs emboss encode esd evo evolution exif expat fam ffmpeg firefox flac flash fortran fuse galago gconf gdbm gdl gedit gif gimp glut gmail gmp gnome gnutls gphoto2 gpm gsf gstreamer gtk gtkhtml hal iconv idle imap ipod iproute2 ipv6 isdnlog jabber java jpeg jpeg2k jython kerberos keyring libburn libg++ libgda libnotify libsexy logrotate lucene mad madwifi maildir mhash midi mikmod mmap mmx mono mozilla mp3 mpeg mule musicbrainz nautilus ncurses network networkmanager nfs nls nntp no-old-linux nptl nptlonly nsplugin ntpl ogg oggvorbis openal opengl pam pango pbm pcmcia pcre pdf perl png pop postgres pppd python quicktime readline reflection reiserfs rhino ruby samba scanner sdl session soap sourceview spell spl sqlite sse sse2 ssh ssl subversion svg symlink syslog tcpd tetex theora threads tiff timidity totem trayicon truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb vorbis vte wifi x86 xcomposite xforms xhtml xml xml2 xorg xsl xv zlib" ALSA_CARDS="atiixp" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" CAMERAS="panasonic" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev mouse keyboard" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en_GB en_US pl" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

PS. On 'sun' java it works.

And if I have java-gcj-overlay...

I cannot compile it wirh gcc-4.2. It has -Werror and It brokes on new warning (!!!). Is it possible to switch it off?
Betelgeuse
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the ebuild always chmod the files to 755 so you should not be seeing the permission issues any more. No idea about what's causing them though. The permissions came out as 600 as the result of the build system.
Uzytkownik
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I know it is not only the OpenJDK but it cannot compiles with gcc 4.2. New gcc products much more warnings which with connection of OpenJDK's -Werror...
2. Is it possible to force optimalisation for specific arch? -mtune=i586 at the end makes no sense...
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betelgeuse: If you are following this I am still getting permission denied b/c of root only access. first jvm.cfg and then resources.jar

This is with the latest alpha13 ebuild
Insanity5902
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... not sure what I did, I just re-emerged it to read through the output, and all the permissions where set correctly this time around.

jvm.cfg is set to 755, and resources.jar is set to 644

So, it is working now, thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: