CafePress or Gentoo store
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpagano
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: CafePress or Gentoo store Reply with quote

After searching the archives I can't seem to locate the answer to this question.

CafePress has some really nice Gentoo products that I want to buy, but if the distribution receives no part of the sale from this, I would lean against spending my money there.

Is this true? Or does CafePress bump up some $ to Gentoo?

I apologize if this was answered somewhere.

Mike
YopWongSapn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the way cafepress works. The store "owner" designs products, etc. For each pruduct, cafepress sets a base price. The base price is what goes to cafepress. Now, the store owner can set prices for the products anywhere => the base price. So, product price - base price = store owner's profit. I used to have an account with them (still do to the best of my knowledge), and last time I was there the base price for tshirts was $12.99. I don't really remember any others. Most people set their profit margins to be about the same for each product, so you can compare the base price I gave for t-shirts with the actual price in the store...then you can guess about how much profit gentoo's store will make.

So, to answer your question, sometimes cafepress gives $ to the store owners...if the owners bump up the price above the base price.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: