A different type of problem with America's Army
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[blksht]
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: A different type of problem with America's Army Reply with quote

So I have a completely new and probably stupid problem with america's army...but before anybody else says it..i'm gonna admit it... i'm stilll a noob at this so a lot of what you might read will prob look stupid...anyway..

When i try booting up from the liveCD it seems to work fine... provided i don't plug in my mouse. The mouse i have is a Ms intellimouse explorer ..it's connected through USB. I have P4 2.4 and an MSI board.

So anyway when i boot up with the LiveCD it will hang @ "scanning for eh??-hcd".... so by habng i mean..all input is frozen, and the computer stops doing anything...

it looked like it was scanning for USB devices so i tried unplugging all my other USB stuff (printer, scanner, mouse). then it would get to the root login and i would get an errormessage saying there was no mouse connected to my computer. So my mouse being USB I tried plugging it in and then typed X-setup, but it still wouldn't detect the mouse. So I dug around and finally found a old 3-button serial port mouse I have and tried that and it werks... !!

anybody know how i can resolve this stupid mouse thing..?

one other thing.. I registered on america's army as a soldier. When logging in from the game, their password system seems to be off for some reason coz if I use CAPS for the capital letters in my password then it won't recognize it. But if i use shift... all of a sudden it recognizes the password... this is unrealted..but anybody know what the issue with this is..?

thx...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: