View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firepol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] emerge kdepim-kresources 3.5.7 fails: libexpat.so.0 Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've recompiled expat to version 2.0.0 and upgraded lots of its dependencies (gettext, glibc, or whatever, I don't remember... I did emerge -avD expat)
I've compiled kdelibs and lots of new version of kde packages (konqueror, kopete, kmail etc. and they all work)

Now the only one that gives me problems is this one: kdepim-kresources (required if I want to emerge korganizer)

See errors:

Quote:

libtool: link: warning: `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/libkcal/libkcal.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/libkdepim/libkdepim.la' seems to be moved
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/kresources/groupwise'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/kresources/groupwise'
Making all in featureplan
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/kresources/featureplan'
kxml_compiler \
--custom-parser ./kde-features.rng
kxml_compiler: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [kde-features.h] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/kresources/featureplan'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/kresources'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/work/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1615: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 972: Called qa_call 'src_compile'
ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_compile
kdepim-kresources-3.5.7.ebuild, line 56: Called kde-meta_src_compile 'make'
kde-meta.eclass, line 380: Called kde_src_compile 'make'
kde.eclass, line 336: Called die

!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.5.7/temp/build.log'.

I don't understand why it still wants libexpat.so.0 as I recompiled kdelibs without problems using the new version of expat.

These are the libs I have:

Quote:

ls -la /usr/lib/libexpat.*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 159860 2007-05-28 21:36 /usr/lib/libexpat.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 793 2007-05-28 21:36 /usr/lib/libexpat.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 2007-05-28 21:36 /usr/lib/libexpat.so -> libexpat.so.1.5.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 2007-05-28 21:36 /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 -> libexpat.so.1.5.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 127460 2007-05-28 21:36 /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.5.0

Should I manually create a symbolic link called libexpat.so.0 pointing to libexpat.so.1.5.0 or is there a dependency problem in kdepim-kresources?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by firepol on Wed May 30, 2007 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
loki_val
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
loki ~ # equery belongs `which kxml_compiler`
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kxml_compiler in *... ]
kde-base/kode-3.5.6 (/usr/kde/3.5/bin/kxml_compiler)
Based on that, I'd guess that kode-3.5.6 needs to be recompiled.
Did you run revdep-rebuild (from gentoolkit)? That usually fixes all these link-level dependency problems.
firepol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your answer, I will try to install kode.

Yes,. i tried revdep-rebuild but it always hangs on a kde package. Then I emerge that package manually and remove the revdeprebuild cache and do revdep-rebuild again, and again it hangs, but this time on anotherm kde package. So now instead of loosing my time with revdep-rebuild I'm upgrading all the kde packages that I'm using and unmerging the ones I don't need anymore. Once all the kde stuff is upgraded I will try revdep-rebuild again. Let's see what happens...

Thanks again, I will post my results.
firepol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much peteralf.

re-emerging kode did the job.

Cheers
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: