View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bredde
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Problem getting i915 dualscreen work Reply with quote

Hi,
maybe you can help me to get my external screen work with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 7440 Laptop. It has got an Intel i925 graphics chip inside, here is the lspci output:
Code:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)

I already tried several xorg.conf configurations, with Xinerama, MergedFB or simply without both.
What I got so far:
1st: The external screen is in clone mode with the native resolution of the Notebook-Display (1024x768)
2nd: The external screen has its correct resolution of 1680x1050, but the Notebook-Display clones the 'first' 1024x768 pixels in the top right. When the mouse gets outside the Laptop-Screen, the display does not pan.

Here is my actual xorg.conf, which causes the second case I described:
http://pastebin.ca/540201

I already tried the i810 and the intel driver, in both cases the problems where the same. I also tried to add a second device and a second monitor in the xorg.conf, but this also did not work right. Also I tried it with another external monitor, but it was the same behavior but with another resolution.

When i look into the log, i see this line:
Code:
WW) intel(0): Option "MergedFBAuto" is not used

I think this is the issue for my errors, but i do not know how to fix it. Here you can find the full log: http://pastebin.ca/540209

Hope you can help me ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: