View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kontza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: vnc.so + AltGr Reply with quote

Hi there!

I have some problems with vnc.so (or so I believe).

I frequently use my Gentoo-box from the second floor of our house with my work laptop running XP. The client on XP is Tight VNC's viewer. Vnc service is provided by the vnc X11 extension module.

Being Finnish, the keyboard layout is such that most chars related to programming are accessed via AltGr+some key combinations. Such as |[]{}\. The problem is that when I'm connected to Gentoo with vncviewer on the laptop, none of those keys work. These keys work when using the box directly with the keyboard attached to the computer.

I've tried different LANG/LC_*-settings, to no avail. My other Linux-system is running Ubuntu Edgy Eft, and vnc is provided by x11vnc there. None of these problems exist there.

Xev prints iso_level3_shift when pressing AltGr on the box's keyboard, but via vnc it first print Ctrl_L then Alt_L.

Why I want to use vnc.so? I like the feature that once the computer boots, I can connect to SLIM via vnc and log in. On my Ubuntu's x11vnc, I first need to login to the system from the Ubuntu-box, then I can connect to the session with vnc.

Any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: