View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimr1991
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Ximian OpenOffice Patch Reply with quote

The Ximian OpenOffice patch can be found here:

http://ooo.ximian.com/packages/ooo-build-1.0.7.tar.gz

There is a write up about it here:

http://ooo.ximian.com/

I haven't tested these.
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that looks very promising! now where are the ebuilds? hehe
kaiska
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeaaaaaaaah ! nice :) I'm waiting for an ebuild
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where oh where can i find libgnomecups so that I can compile this bad boy (and make an ebuild)?
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh oh... cool.. are there any other "skins" for OOo? like lycoris ?

and are there any ebuilds ?
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomthewombat wrote:
where oh where can i find libgnomecups so that I can compile this bad boy (and make an ebuild)?

I tried compiling open office with the patches and without libgnomecups -- it fails (after an hour or more sadly).

I dug around on the ximian ftp. The libgnomecups rpm can be had in the xd2 directories. I rpm2targz'd that package and hopefully, extracted it to the proper place. Recompiling again as we speak...

Edit: Does not appear to work.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwasbiggs wrote:
tomthewombat wrote:

I tried compiling open office with the patches and without libgnomecups -- it fails (after an hour or more sadly).

I dug around on the ximian ftp. The libgnomecups rpm can be had in the xd2 directories. I rpm2targz'd that package and hopefully, extracted it to the proper place. Recompiling again as we speak...

why not just install the rpm --deps ?
brainlock
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man is this great news!!! It was the only part of XD2 I really wanted! I can't wait for an ebuild

Brainlock
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taskara wrote:
iwasbiggs wrote:
tomthewombat wrote:

Cuz I don't know RPM? I think the library was extracted and all, but didn't work on my system, it was a dependancy or something (I'll post the error if I run into it again)... heheh :roll: . Well, all i've really used is gentoo.

Well, I'll try that rpm thing (but wouldn't the untarring to my system do the same thing?) after these new settings:

right now I commented out the various printer patches ([seen in apply] it seems that I'd need a lot more things to get ximian's print and cups working, looks like they changed a lot) and some of the ximian specific stuff I saw (like spell check). Hopefully this time it will compile... I used to print with regular old open office just fine anyway...

BTW, if anybody wants to try for themselves, I am just using a hacked version of the 1.0.3-r1 ebuild (commented out duplicate packages and added the custom one from ximian) which is unmasked and already in portage. In the patching part of the ebuild I call the apply.pl script that is found in the downloaded zip from ximian's website.

Last edited by iwasbiggs on Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwasbiggs wrote:

Yeah I got some libssl.so-4 jargon :-/. was thinking about linking my that to my current libssl only i forgot the exact name. oh well. i was thinking about hunting that down on the ximian ftp if i had to. or maybe editing the patch but at this point i don't really care that much. maybe when i have a few days off. heh. I was considering leaving out the ssl patch as a last result. Too bad it takes so damn long to compile. anyway making that symlink now and compiling before i goto bed. wish me luck. I'll get back to you in the morning.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwasbiggs wrote:
taskara wrote:
iwasbiggs wrote:
tomthewombat wrote:

Cuz I don't know RPM? I think the library was extracted and all, but didn't work on my system, it was a dependancy or something (I'll post the error if I run into it again)... heheh :roll: . Well, all i've really used is gentoo.

Well, I'll try that rpm thing (but wouldn't the untarring to my system do the same thing?) after these new settings:

right now I commented out the various printer patches ([seen in apply] it seems that I'd need a lot more things to get ximian's print and cups working, looks like they changed a lot) and some of the ximian specific stuff I saw (like spell check). Hopefully this time it will compile... I used to print with regular old open office just fine anyway...

BTW, if anybody wants to try for themselves, I am just using a hacked version of the 1.0.3-r1 ebuild (commented out duplicate packages and added the custom one from ximian) which is unmasked and already in portage. In the patching part of the ebuild I call the apply.pl script that is found in the downloaded zip from ximian's website.

just extracting it doesn't do anything, it's like unzipping something and leaving it :)

as root
emerge -p rpm (if rpm is not installed, then emerge it)
rpm -ivh --nodeps [/path/to/rpm]

then try ximian again!
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taskara wrote:

just extracting it doesn't do anything, it's like unzipping something and leaving it :)

as root
emerge -p rpm (if rpm is not installed, then emerge it)
rpm -ivh --nodeps [/path/to/rpm]

then try ximian again!

Alright, we'll see if this one doesn't go through. It's gotten the farthest so far... Thanks for the help.
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.ruinedsoft.com/oo.png

The buttons didn't come out to ximians, I'll try installing their artwork packages next I guess.

I included a sample gtk2 application and a screen shot of somebody else's older open office for comparison.

You should note, that the files didn't compile so well with all of ximian's patches, if this doesn't bug you, go ahead and try it yourself.

See http://www.ruinedsoft.com/oo/ for all changed files.
Note: the install part of the packages gives lots of errors and will stop when it tries to install the mozilla runtime (due to using the ximian mozilla disabling patch instead of portage's)--so I removed all lines dealing with mozilla in:

...openoffice-1.0.3-r1/work/oo_1.0.3_src/instsetoo/unxlngi4.pro/01/normal/setup.ins

If you have a different language, this will be in a different direcotry (not 01).

Then
ebuild /usr/portage/.../openoffice.ebuild install
ebuild /usr/portage/.../openoffice.ebuild qmerge

I got a bunch of errors about kde and gnome stuff (on my machine, neither are installed), and to reduce them, you might try uncommenting
# build-no-dt-files.diff
the ximian patch in the apply file.

See:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=364889#364889

Last edited by iwasbiggs on Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ghetto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude you rule! :twisted:
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too ran into the error about libgnomecups.....I downloaded the redhat-9.0 rpm and did a rpm -ivh --nodeps libgnomecups-1xxxxxxxxxxxx.rpm only to find out that it did not include the header files and the pkgconfig ".pc" file-I searched around a little more-via google-and found a ximian suse 7.2 version of libgnomecups-devel.....http://open-systems.ufl.edu/mirrors/rsync.ximian.com/xd2/suse-82-i586/
it installed in /opt/gnome2/ so I copied the ".pc" over to /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ and then I did a rpm -ivh --nodeps on this file and I am building away as we speak....fingers crossed that this works.....................

EDIT:

it barfed (after 6 hours) looking for x-oooabout.bmp file.....no idea whats going on(ximina artwork?) will ty again later...

Last edited by IWBCMAN on Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
lurid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. With my Quick and Dirty Ximian Desktop I've got all of XD2 running. This includes Open Office. ;) You can see it running on my box [url=66.186.223.128/Oo.jpg]here[/url].

*gloats* :P
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWBCMAN wrote:

EDIT:

it barfed (after 6 hours) looking for x-oooabout.bmp file.....no idea whats going on(ximina artwork?) will ty again later...

This is with the splash branding patch enabled.
You have to copy that file from the unzipped patch file into the working source of open office.

I got icons to look properly by running their bin/scale-icons and then copying them over. See the new ebuild, screen shot ;), and my thread.

EDIT: btw, if you get the printing patches working, I'd like to add them to the ebuild... And you might want to turn on ccache if you're not using it for faster rebuilds.
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I got the print patches to work. You can check out there ebuild I made. It includes an ebuild for the libgnomecups binaries (which the ximian patches use). I can't find any source for libgnomecups though :(. Oh by the way, my patch also applies the maps.. i tried to include all the patching i could find in the ooo-build script.
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why are the Ximian OO patches so great... is there a ChangeLog I can read somewhere or a list of additional functionality?
iwasbiggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomthewombat wrote:
Hey, I got the print patches to work. You can check out there ebuild I made. It includes an ebuild for the libgnomecups binaries (which the ximian patches use). I can't find any source for libgnomecups though :(. Oh by the way, my patch also applies the maps.. i tried to include all the patching i could find in the ooo-build script.

Nice job. I hope this work will be included somehow into the xd2 port project or as a regular part of portage.

BTW... so the install maps just adds the rounded corners then?
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what the map files do. :? The ooo-build script installs them before it even installs the patches though.

oh, btw. thank iwasbiggs. couldn't have done it without some of your help.

I have just looked at the map files and they really don't make any sense. oh well as long as they don't turn out to be bad.
kaiska
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not working for me with ebuild from http://wombatorium.cjb.net/archives/000046.php
here's what I see :
Code:

emerge /usr/local/portage/app-office/openoffice-ximian/openoffice-ximian-1.0.3.ebuild
Calculating dependencies /
emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy ">=gnome-extra/libgnomecups-1".

!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.
Could you help me please ?
tomthewombat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two ebuild in the tar.gz. One if for openoffice and one is for libgnomecups. You have to put the libgnomecups ebuild in /usr/local/portage/gnome-extra because the ximian patches include cups support for openoffice through this interface.
kaiska
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O Oh sorry, I'm not very attentive, I need to sleep a bit. Thanks a lot :D !
trumee
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey do we need gnome to be installed to use ximian-office printing functionality. I was wondering if i use -gnome in my use flags, will the printing work??
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: