View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsfro25
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Lamabox error, please help ! Reply with quote

I have a Lamabox (that's a minicomputer , microATX VIA MB, VIA C3 processor, 256MB DDR, 200GB Hdd, DVD-RW) - It has a custom multimedia Desktop Enviroment for playing movies, download P2P.
IT's running a Gentoo kernel.
My problem is that the box was not writing DVD-s, I change the dvd and then the box was booting up to 50% and then restart.
When it is booting it has a spash interface that is preventing me to see what module is failing.
I tried to modify the Grub, booting linux out of a USB stick, but instead of showing me the normal boot, it looks like it is blurred. Next time it is booting , the grub.conf si rewrited back by itself and the splash appear.
I tried to search for logs , but nothing is logged.
The manufacturing company does not exist, i cannot contact them.
My question is if somebody can help me, becouse i am not so good at linux, and this stuff is prety modified and complicated.
Probably when i had reset the bios something changed in the IRQ, DMA-s, and the kernel which was a very custom fit for this machine, is not booting normal due to the differences that appeared after bios reset.
If somebody can help me to enable the logs, just to see which module crashes, or how to debug the instalation i will be very grateful.
Otherwise i have to throw away a 500 euro worth of equipament.
The hardware is good, it's booting linux out of a stick with sound, 1680x1050 resolutions, so the problem is software.
Thank you
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: