View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truekaiser
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: no mounted hard disk volumes on kde desktop Reply with quote

I don't know what happened but after updating last night, kde on my amd64 machine no longer displays mounted hard disk volumes on the desktop even though under kdesktop-configure-behavior-device icons it is checked marked to show them. i can't seem to find this problem anywhere on the forums.
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it do this for other users? Or is it just your profile that is borked?

Finding something like that is a needle in the haystack. If I were you I would start by making a new user, and see if it does it for that account. If it does, then you can blow away your kde settings, and reset them all again -- or examine the new users config files (for whom it works), and make the corresponding changes in yours (this could take some time).

The files that matter:
everything in ~/.kde3.5 (or whatever version number you have)
everything in ~/.local

Remove those, and your KDE profile starts from scratch...

G
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grooveman wrote:

Finding something like that is a needle in the haystack. If I were you I would start by making a new user, and see if it does it for that account. If it does, then you can blow away your kde settings, and reset them all again -- or examine the new users config files (for whom it works), and make the corresponding changes in yours (this could take some time).

The files that matter:
everything in ~/.local

Remove those (or better yet, rename them so you can roll-back), and your KDE profile starts from scratch...

G

truekaiser
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grooveman wrote:
grooveman wrote:

The files that matter:
everything in ~/.local

Remove those (or better yet, rename them so you can roll-back), and your KDE profile starts from scratch...

G

tested it both ways and now kde is claiming that dbus has not been started when it has.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: