Help dekstop problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datboya
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Help dekstop problem Reply with quote

ok please help am only 14 but i need this help when i download something like limewire or a software on mozzilla i click on open it loads for a bit then just doesnt do anything then i tried it on the dekstop and it done the same thing anybody had this prob before
ShinyThings
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Gentoo? Or at least Linux? I would assume you are based on the forum you are posting in. First, make sure you are downloading Linux software. Windows software wont run on Linux without some kind of emulation or compatibility layer, like WINE. For Limewire, it is a Java application, so follow the Gentoo Java Guide, assuming you are using Gentoo.
davascript
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you downloading windows executables? If so how did you get gentoo installed?

Read up on this, it should help you
A Portage Introduction

ShinyThings wrote:
Are you using Gentoo? Or at least Linux? I would assume you are based on the forum you are posting in. First, make sure you are downloading Linux software. Windows software wont run on Linux without some kind of emulation or compatibility layer, like WINE. For Limewire, it is a Java application, so follow the Gentoo Java Guide, assuming you are using Gentoo.

Running Limewrie in WINE would be far more time consuming and redundant when you can get java running and then emerge frostwire. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: