a lot of broken libraries, amarok, k3b, gcc [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traggart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: a lot of broken libraries, amarok, k3b, gcc [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi all,
some time ago i did a copy of my old laptop with ati graphic card, and i worked fine ( everything but amarok if not root user).

Now the situation is worse, i upgrade and install a lot of software in my laptop and often try to test new software hard masked by gentoo.

anyway my gcc version is gcc-3.4.6-r2 (even if i keep compiling also the 4.1 one, but almost never use it)

This is what .revdep-rebuild says

Code:

Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
will be emerged.

Collecting system binaries and libraries... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files)

Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath)

Checking dynamic linking consistency...
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/bin/amarokapp (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/bin/amarokcollectionscanner (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/kcm_k3bsetup2.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_daap-mediadevice.so (requires  libdns_sd.so libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_generic-mediadevice.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_massstorage-device.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_nfs-device.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_smb-device.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_void-engine_plugin.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_xine-engine.so (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libgstreamerpart.so (requires  libkmediapart.so.0)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3balsaoutputplugin.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bartsoutputplugin.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bexternalencoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3blameencoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bmaddecoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bmpcdecoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3boggvorbisdecoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3boggvorbisencoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bsoxencoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libk3bwavedecoder.so (requires  libdbus-1.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libkaffeinepart.so (requires  libkmediapart.so.0)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libamarok.so.0.0.0 (requires  libmysqlclient.so.14)
  broken /usr/lib/libldap-2.2.so.7 (requires  liblber-2.2.so.7)
  broken /usr/lib/libldap.so.2.0.130 (requires  liblber.so.2)
  broken /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.2.so.7 (requires  liblber-2.2.so.7)
  broken /usr/lib/libldap_r.so.2.0.130 (requires  liblber.so.2)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_daap-mediadevice.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_daap-mediadevice.la (requires /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkdnssd.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_generic-mediadevice.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_massstorage-device.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_nfs-device.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_smb-device.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_void-engine_plugin.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libamarok_xine-engine.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libgstreamerpart.la (requires /usr/lib/libkmediapart.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/libkaffeinepart.la (requires /usr/lib/libkmediapart.la)
  broken /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libamarok.la (requires /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/lib-org-w3c-dom.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/lib-org-xml-sax.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcjawt.la (requires /usr/lib/lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgij.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)
 done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild)

Assigning files to ebuilds... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.4_ebuilds)

Evaluating package order...Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/x11-6.8
See portage(5) for correct package.provided usage.
Note: The repository at /usr/local/overlay does not have a profiles/repo_name entry.
      This can reduce the functionality of the repository in some cases.
Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/x11-6.8
See portage(5) for correct package.provided usage.
Note: The repository at /usr/local/overlay does not have a profiles/repo_name entry.
      This can reduce the functionality of the repository in some cases.
 done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order)

All prepared. Starting rebuild...
emerge --oneshot  =sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r2 =sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 =net-nds/openldap-2.3.35-r1

in particular i noticed that:
- it keeps recompiling "emerge --oneshot =sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r2 =sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 =net-nds/openldap-2.3.35-r1" everytime (did it more that twice)
- ati-drivers-extra or ati-drivers or any other ati stuff is removed but, there is still something that needs /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.la, and now i have xorg, opengl and maybe everything else compiled for nvidia
- java is compiled! it's the 1.5 sun jdk and everything worked nicely up to some days ago
- mysql is 5 and once i had 4...but i tried to emerge -C amarook and recompile it in several ways and days....nothing happens
- dbus 1.0.2-r2
- with ati i had Xgl compiled, and i still have it, but i'm using nvidia acceleration now!

any idea?
need some other info?

Last edited by traggart on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
redpenguin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For start, regarding that gcc problem, take a look at this one. For some of the other files, you might want to check if they belong to any package whatsoever, or they're orphans from some time before. I recommend using equery utility from gentoolkit package (equery belongs file_name).
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a useful trick with revdep-rebuild, along with the options I typically use:
Code:

revdep-rebuild -vv -i -- -p

That "-- -p" is passed to emerge, so it just pretends and gives you a list of everything it would rebuild. Question: Why in God's name do you need this: Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/x11-6.8?
traggart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didymos wrote:
Question: Why in God's name do you need this: Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/x11-6.8?

i don't remember...it can be something related to xorg 7 early installations

.....mmmmm.....actually that packae is not in my package.provide file ....strange thing O_o
traggart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first i did what it's in this post
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-551822-highlight-liblber.html
i'm waiting for the openldap to recompile

then i saw that
Code:

eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   nvidia *
  [2]   xorg-x11

but in /usr/lib/opengl/ there is stilla folder for ati
so i did
Code:

rm -rf /usr/lib/opengl/at*

and when i will finish i will try to get something more work
traggart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

openldap now works,
edited gcc files and now it's ok,
Code:

broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/lib-org-w3c-dom.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/lib-org-xml-sax.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcjawt.la (requires /usr/lib/lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.la)
  broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgij.la (requires /usr/lib/libgcj.la)

apart this one

broken /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgij.la (requires /usr/lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcj.la)

for amarok and k3b, still no solution
Carlo
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GCC problem is bug 125728. Every non kde-base/* ebuild installs in /usr. No idea why you have Amarok/K3b cruft in the KDE install path. Local problem you'll to have fix manually.
traggart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
The GCC problem is bug 125728. Every non kde-base/* ebuild installs in /usr. No idea why you have Amarok/K3b cruft in the KDE install path. Local problem you'll to have fix manually.

The gcc problem is a bug, and it seems there no real solution for that one.

And you made me on the right direction for solving the amarok mystery, I simply searched, found and removed all the old amarok files around the wrong paths. I have no idea why they were there! But it seems that others around the world with different distro had the same problem.

So must say it's all solved (all but gcc)

Thank you all!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: