return to castle wolfenstein
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarioCorleone
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: return to castle wolfenstein Reply with quote

i installed rtcw1.3 and everything worked great. but when i upgraded to rtcw 1.4 punk buster didnt work. i looked at the messeges in the console and i saw that punkbuster could not be loaded so i went into the dir and deleted the pb file. then went into rtcwmp and typed in the console PB_SV_ENABLE, PB_SV_UPDATE, PB_SV_DISABLE, PB_CL_ENABLE. that worked fine. so during game play i got kicked about 15 min into the game via punkbuster. somehow the 3 .so files (pbag.so, pbci.so, and another one?) are being edited during game play and the code in them is being deleted, so the files are now 0bytes instead of what ever the file size is supposed to be.

help would be greatly appreciated.

thx :roll:
AmosMutke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed RtCW from the portage tree and am experienceing the same issue.

the only solution I have found is to delete the ~/.wolf/pb directory and it's contents. when rtcw is started it will recreate the directory and PB can be enabled. Next time I enter the game, PB has been turned off and cannot be turned on unless I leave the game and delete the ~/.wolf/pb directory once again.

anyone have any ideas?
Warp4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Download the appropriate PBWEB for your operating system from the links provided below. Be sure to save into the home "pb" directory on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory, then it will not work. Note that PBWEB works for all games supported by PunkBuster and it works for both Players and also Admins running PB Servers.

Warpy
AmosMutke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks as though this fixed the probelm... thx.. :P
ian!
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to 'Gamers & Players'.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT