Compiz Fusion and *Certain* Apps Help..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aephoenix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Compiz Fusion and *Certain* Apps Help.. Reply with quote

So when I run some programs, the ones I've encountered so far are glxgears, epsxe (the actual game, not the epsxe start screen thingy, using Pete's MesaGL), and xnest.. the windows get no Window Decoration and cannot be moved, but can be brought in and out of focus.. it's possible to include the windows in the Window Switcher and the Ring switcher and give them shadows but I can't move them from the upper left (0,0) corner, and some other things, as if they weren't being managed by the WM at all.. I've looked in all the settings, still clueless.....

First, yes I know Xgl locks OpenGL dri or something and I know it's slow that's not my issue.
Second, this didn't happen in beryl for me.
Third, I use fglrx and had to run compiz by using #LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/ compiz-manager
..and i'm.. clueless

I can post more info/pictures if i have time, also the irony of asking for support in an "Unsupported Software" forum is overwhelming :X
aim nano
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

~# emerge -uDav --newuse world

This could take awhile, but perhaps if you've made some changes to your use flags since you emerged your window manager and/or some other programs, they might be fixed if you did this.

-Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: