libgrapple -> 64bit ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: libgrapple -> 64bit ? Reply with quote

Hi,

anyone knows the really easy and good to use network api "libgrapple" ?

you can find it here: http://grapple.linuxgamepublishing.com/grapple.php

it is not in portage,even there is an ebuild for it in gentoo's bug tracker:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=145204

libgrapple is working fine for my Intel Core Duo 32 Bit System, but it is crashing on my AMD Athlon 64bit System. I saw that Ubuntu developers made some 64bit packages:

http://yu.php.net/ubuntu/pool/universe/libg/libgrapple/

but even manual installed packs does not work (i got everytime Segmentation faults. Since my debugger is broken i cant really check where the problem exactly occurs. the only thing i can say is, that the same application is running fine in 32bit systems, but crashing right when accessing libgrapple.so).

can anybody help me to make an ebuild for 64bit gentoo systems ? i think it should be possible, because it seems to run under Ubuntu. Thanks.
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want to do is get the patches Ubuntu used, and then use epatch to apply them in the src_unpack function. You may end up having to re-create the patches yourself, using Ubuntu's as a base.
[edit]
Well, the original diff is all Debian package format crap. The newer one is only mostly Debian package format crap, but it's still kind of useless. All it does is fiddle with install directories and the version number.
otty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a gentoo user since years, but i never was a gentoo developer. therefore, i have no real clue how to build an ebuild from the debian stuff. i ve tryed to install the libs manualy, but it doesnt work. (still the same error occurs on runtime, the app itself is compiling without warnings, but it crashes on start when init the first grapple func).

i hoped to get some help, or hits, maybe it is possible to "kick" the libgrapple libs from main system, and use patched precompiled libs within the application ?
maybe someone has an idea how to patch libgrapple to work for 64bit.
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otty wrote:
i am a gentoo user since years, but i never was a gentoo developer. therefore, i have no real clue how to build an ebuild from the debian stuff. i ve tryed to install the libs manualy, but it doesnt work. (still the same error occurs on runtime, the app itself is compiling without warnings, but it crashes on start when init the first grapple func).

i hoped to get some help, or hits, maybe it is possible to "kick" the libgrapple libs from main system, and use patched precompiled libs within the application ?
maybe someone has an idea how to patch libgrapple to work for 64bit.

Well, my point kind of was that it's not worth the trouble. The Ubuntu patches aren't any help, and pre-compiled libs can be, as you've seen, a pain. This looks like a bug that needs to be fixed upstream, or you can search the Ubuntu bugs to see if anyone has hit it using the 64-bit version. I have no clue what they used to build the binary packages on Ubuntu, though, so the bug may not trigger due to toolchain and library version differences.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: