pvr350 not working with kernel 2.6.22 and ivtv-1.0.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: pvr350 not working with kernel 2.6.22 and ivtv-1.0.1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I spent the whole weekend fiddling with my mythtv box. It is an VIA Epia EN12000 with CN700 chipset. I use the VIA graphics to connect to my TV. I used to use kernel 2.6.15 and standard xorg unichrome drivers, which often crashed the machine when playing video in mplayer.

Therefore I changed to kernel 2.6.22 and recent openchrome and git versions of libdrm and a patched version of mplayer with xvmc hardware support, which takes care of the crashes when playing video.

But now I cant get anything out of my pvr350 card. I can change channels with ivtv-tune (at least there is no error reported when doing so), but mplayer or myth can't read from the card. Even a "cat /dev/v4l/video0 > test.mpg" creates an empty file. When doing so all I get as error message is soemthing like "i2c: device 0x21 not found for command 123456" (I don't have the message with me. But I can provide if necessary)

I compiled the ivtv driver from the kernel sources as module and use the ivtv-1.0.1 ebuild.

I thought the 1.0.1 ivtv version was a "stable" release. Or did I miss something?

I am seriously stuck here. Has anybody here experienced something like that?

Thanks in advance for any hint,
fangorn
Luppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having problems with my PVR-250.

I have ivtv driver 1.0.1 (masked for me) and kernel 2.6.22, I get blank static for channel 0 (tv tuner) but for channels 1 (composite) 2 (s-video) all I get is a black screen but the audio works perfectly. This has happened to me since the ivtv drivers moved to 0.8.x onwards. I have dual boot to windows for instances where I need to test stuff like this and wintv2000 plays fine so I know it is not my cables etc
Luppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I got mine working

parts of ivtv have no been moved in to the kernel in 2.6.22, you need to use the command

Code:
v4l2-ctl
to change your inputs

I used
Code:
v4l2-ctl -i 5
to switch to composite 3 which solved my problem
also I have the devices under
Code:
/dev/v4l/*
but I had to use the device
Code: