Some big upgrades!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Some big upgrades! Reply with quote

The current stable versions of KDE and Gnome have just been bumped. Additionally two packages have been marked stable that you should know about: expat-2.0.1 and curl-7.16.4. Since many packages link against these libraries, please remember to run revdep-rebuild after compiling them to ensure that everything still works. :)

Have fun!

Last edited by JoseJX on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
prairie_dad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: but what if they don't compile...? Reply with quote

Hi Jose,

still working on my G4. was having other problems (with Xorg) anyway so synced and began an "emerge --update --deep --newuse world" in reponse to your post.

It failed on the "couldn't find qt-mt library error," said to make sure to compile qt with threads enabled, which I'm not quite sure how to do. I just compiled qt3 and qt4 yesterday and the day before to fix other problems (and install KDE) and am frustrated to have to recompile them again. If I have USE flags like kde, qt3, qt4 already set...where do put -threads (if that's what I put at all?)

thanks,
theethicalatheist
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add "threads" to your USE flags.
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chump is right, you'll need to add the threads use flag, either globally or specifically for that package using /etc/portage/package.use. Sorry about forcing the recompile of qt, but KDE 3.5.7 has just been marked stable, so you'll need to update quite a few things. It happens occasionally, sorry. :|
neocui
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: but what if they don't compile...? Reply with quote

prairie_dad wrote:
Hi Jose,

still working on my G4. was having other problems (with Xorg) anyway so synced and began an "emerge --update --deep --newuse world" in reponse to your post.

It failed on the "couldn't find qt-mt library error," said to make sure to compile qt with threads enabled, which I'm not quite sure how to do. I just compiled qt3 and qt4 yesterday and the day before to fix other problems (and install KDE) and am frustrated to have to recompile them again. If I have USE flags like kde, qt3, qt4 already set...where do put -threads (if that's what I put at all?)

thanks,

Actually, this is caused by expat-2.0.1 breaking EVERYTHING. Do a revdep-rebuild first.
el_Salmon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but revdep-rebuild doesn't fix my problem: I cannot boot KDE since latest updates. :cry: What could I do?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: