Installing 2007 live dvd
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodatux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Installing 2007 live dvd Reply with quote

I can not install gentoo live dvd 2007 on my amd turion64, 1gb ram, it has a partition with 70gb for vista and a 10gb partition in which I hope to install gentoo (I hope that some day I´m going to be able to use linux), I downloaded the dvd, burn it and when I press enter or write gentoo, it says scannig ahci and gets stock.

I want to use gentoo, I want to chance to open office, what should I do?
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the minimal install cd method myself. It's easy enough to follow if you read the guide. Worth a shot if your serious about wanting to learn Linux.
yodatux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Installing 2007 live dvd Reply with quote

yodatux wrote:
I can not install gentoo live dvd 2007 on my amd turion64, 1gb ram, it has a partition with 70gb for vista and a 10gb partition in which I hope to install gentoo (I hope that some day I´m going to be able to use linux), I downloaded the dvd, burn it and when I press enter or write gentoo, it says scannig ahci and gets stock.

I want to use gentoo, I want to chance to open office, what should I do?

Gentoo is the only fucking linux distribution with a penguin name, I want it running on my computer, why do I have to spend 2 days downloading the dvd if the minimal install is better?
Ehnvis
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had checked the forum first you would have seen that most of us recommend to use the minimal CD and the handbook to install gentoo, then you could have saved 2 days of downloading.
yodatux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, It´s just that I want to use gentoo on my pc, I really liked gentoox in the xbox and I thought that it would be as easy to install as it was on the xbox, I really don´t understand the handbook, I can not see a step by step process.
Ehnvis
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?full=1

It cant be much easier, just start reading chapter 1 and then follow the instructions.
wangzilla
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the livecd which i suppose isnt much different from the livedvd and just boot from the disc and hit alt-f1 and then follow the handbook and it should still work by installing from command line that way so you dont have to download anything else or burn anything else. my gui installer didn't work so that worked for me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: