compiz-fusion not working correctly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorpheuS.Ibis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: compiz-fusion not working correctly Reply with quote

hi there.
i have some problems with compiz-fusion, about three to be precise, and would be thankful if you could help me with it...so to begin...

:arrow: PyQT4 (dependency for fusion-icon) fails to compile...
Code:
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -fPIC  -DPYTHON_LIB=\\\"libpython2.4.so\\\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB

-DQT_CORE_LIB -DQDESIGNER_EXPORT_WIDGETS -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/python2.4 -I. -I. -o moc_pluginloader.o moc_pluginloader.cpp
pluginloader.cpp:131: error: stray '\' in program
pluginloader.cpp:131: error: missing terminating " character
pluginloader.cpp: In constructor 'PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)':
pluginloader.cpp:133: error: request for member 'setLoadHints' in 'library', which is of non-class type 'QLibrary ()()'
pluginloader.cpp:133: error: 'ExportExternalSymbolsHint' is not a member of 'QLibrary'
pluginloader.cpp:135: error: request for member 'load' in 'library', which is of non-class type 'QLibrary ()()'
distcc[31020] ERROR: compile pluginloader.cpp on localhost failed
make[1]: *** [pluginloader.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/PyQt4-4.3/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3/designer'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: dev-python/PyQt4-4.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *   ebuild.sh, line 1648:   Called dyn_compile
 *   ebuild.sh, line 988:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *   ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
 *   PyQt4-4.3.ebuild, line 42:   Called die
 * emake failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/PyQt4-4.3/temp/build.log'.

it looks like error in the source but when i looked into the source file there was no '\' on specified line...

:arrow: Blur using transparency (windows and decoration) doesn't work but it did in beryl and it is turned on (or at least i think i turned on the correct option) but that is not such an important problem...

:arrow: windows are not actually minimized but disappear. this means no minimize animation is used (doesn't matter to me) and when using taskswitcher i can see only their icon and not the window, as i could in beryl. this is very annoying with the new shift switcher, where the icons are really large...

compiz-fusion was installed about two days ago...my videocard is GF4Ti, if that matters (it shouldn't but anyway)...

thanks
JoKo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: compiz-fusion not working correctly Reply with quote

MorpheuS.Ibis wrote:
:arrow: PyQT4 (dependency for fusion-icon) fails to compile...
Code:
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -fPIC  -DPYTHON_LIB=\\\"libpython2.4.so\\\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB

-DQT_CORE_LIB -DQDESIGNER_EXPORT_WIDGETS -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/python2.4 -I. -I. -o moc_pluginloader.o moc_pluginloader.cpp
pluginloader.cpp:131: error: stray '\' in program
pluginloader.cpp:131: error: missing terminating " character
pluginloader.cpp: In constructor 'PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)':
pluginloader.cpp:133: error: request for member 'setLoadHints' in 'library', which is of non-class type 'QLibrary ()()'
pluginloader.cpp:133: error: 'ExportExternalSymbolsHint' is not a member of 'QLibrary'
pluginloader.cpp:135: error: request for member 'load' in 'library', which is of non-class type 'QLibrary ()()'
distcc[31020] ERROR: compile pluginloader.cpp on localhost failed
make[1]: *** [pluginloader.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/PyQt4-4.3/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3/designer'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: dev-python/PyQt4-4.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *   ebuild.sh, line 1648:   Called dyn_compile
 *   ebuild.sh, line 988:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *   ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
 *   PyQt4-4.3.ebuild, line 42:   Called die
 * emake failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/PyQt4-4.3/temp/build.log'.

it looks like error in the source but when i looked into the source file there was no '\' on specified line...

Hi,

Just for the first one, try the USE flag qt3 instead of qt4 for fusion-icon. There is a conflict between PyQT4 and another package, I can't remember its name...
MorpheuS.Ibis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: compiz-fusion not working correctly Reply with quote

JoKo wrote:

Hi,

Just for the first one, try the USE flag qt3 instead of qt4 for fusion-icon. There is a conflict between PyQT4 and another package, I can't remember its name...

i tried that (i found something on the forums) but fusion-icon segfaults when compiled with qt3. i use qt4 and have the whole kde compiled with it (or least i think, its quite long ago) so that could do the segfaults...
anyway the problems are sorted the other way. like the last is the most important to me at the moment...
but thanks anyway :wink:
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDE 3.5 series uses Qt 3 period. Qt is slottable, so you can have KDE 3.5 with Qt 3 and also have Qt 4 installed and not cause KDE 3.5 issues.

With fusion-icon, I would recommend USE="-qt4 qt3" emerge -av fusion-icon and see if that works.
MorpheuS.Ibis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i tried that and it doesnt work (the compile does, the actual program doesnt)
Code:
$equery uses fusion-icon
[ Searching for packages matching fusion-icon... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend : Left column  (U) - USE flags from make.conf              ]
[        : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
[ Found these USE variables for x11-apps/fusion-icon-9999 ]
 U I
 - - gtk : Adds support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit)
 + + qt3 : Adds support for the Qt GUI/Application Toolkit version 3.x
 + - qt4 : Adds support for the Qt GUI/Application Toolkit version 4.x
$ fusion-icon
* Using the Qt4 Interface
* No module named PyQt4
... Trying another interface
* Using the Qt3 Interface
Segmentation fault

i hope this is clear that i have it compiled without qt4 support but it doesnt work...

anyway, why do everyone try to help me with the least important thing and not the actual compiz-fusion problems...
but thanks for trying, keep it up so maybe there is a solution somewhere...

by the way, i have quite old version of QT4, if that is a problem...
Code:
[ebuild     U ] x11-libs/qt-4.3.1 [4.1.4-r2] USE="cups dbus%* gif jpeg opengl png ssl%* tiff%* xinerama zlib -accessibility -debug -doc -examples -firebird -glib% -mng -mysql -nas -nis -odbc -pch% -postgres -qt3support% -sqlite -sqlite3%" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom%" 42,109 kB
MorpheuS.Ibis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i remerged PyQt (not PyQt4 but the QT3 one) and than fusion icon works well...

another thing...i found something about some new techniques for the effects in compiz-fusion which doesn't work with intel cards because of some GL extension...do you think this might be the problem as i have with my old GeForce?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: