View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aretwodeetwo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]Problem compiling or updating qt-3.3.8-r3 Reply with quote

I was trying to update my Gentoo system the other day and when I emerge --update world it fails while trying to compile Qt-3. Qt-4 compiled fine and I've since unmerged Qt-3 and tried to re-emerge it and it still fails with the same error. I've done a few searches on the forums but haven't found any post with my particular build error. Any help would be great.

i486-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -I/usr/include/mysql -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT -DQT_INTERNAL_XML -DUIC -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I../shared -I../../../include -I/usr/include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -o .obj/release-shared-mt/domtool.o ../shared/domtool.cpp
../../../include/private/qwidgetinterface_p.h:74: warning: 'struct QWidgetFactoryInterface' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
i486-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -I/usr/include/mysql -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT -DQT_INTERNAL_XML -DUIC -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I../shared -I../../../include -I/usr/include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -o .obj/release-shared-mt/parser.o ../shared/parser.cpp
test -d ../../../bin/ || mkdir -p ../../../bin/
i486-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -fno-exceptions -o ../../../bin/uic .obj/release-shared-mt/main.o .obj/release-shared-mt/uic.o .obj/release-shared-mt/form.o .obj/release-shared-mt/object.o .obj/release-shared-mt/subclassing.o .obj/release-shared-mt/embed.o .obj/release-shared-mt/widgetdatabase.o .obj/release-shared-mt/domtool.o .obj/release-shared-mt/parser.o -L/usr/lib/mysql -L/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lmng -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXft -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -ldl -lpthread
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../i486-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libexpat.so.0, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_SetElementHandler'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_SetDoctypeDeclHandler'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_ParserFree'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_SetCharacterDataHandler'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_ErrorString'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_ParseBuffer'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_ParserCreate'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_SetUserData'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_GetErrorCode'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_GetBuffer'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `XML_GetCurrentLineNumber'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [../../../bin/uic] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/tools/designer/uic'
make[2]: *** [sub-uic] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/tools/designer'
make[1]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools] Error 2

!!! ERROR: x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1638: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 985: Called qa_call 'src_compile'
ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_compile
qt-3.3.8-r3.ebuild, line 214: Called die

!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r3/temp/build.log'.

Last edited by aretwodeetwo on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You updated expat and didn't run revdep-rebuild afterwards. Do this:

Code:

emerge -1v XML-Parser fontconfig pango cairo gtk+

then run this command:

Code:

revdep-rebuild -X --library libexpat.so.0

If you hit trouble, just search the forums for "expat", and you'll find plenty.
aretwodeetwo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks didymos your solution worked great. Much appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: