View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumee
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Vmware woes!! Reply with quote

1. Whenever i try to use my Creative Webcam Vista , vmware4 return that usb device is trying to use a asynchronous mode which the current vmware does not suport. Is there any way to circumvent it or is there any webcam which works in vmware?

2. How do i enable my onboard i845 (snd-intel8x0 ) sound card in vmware.

Thanks
FxChiP
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the onboard sound: is the sound module being loaded? I think there might also be something in the kernel that may help - be sure to check the info for every card.

What I've found to help at times is if you go into a Windows installation and read some of the INF files for your driver, you'll find something in there that refers to another company and chipset

i.e. my Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II's INF files show information for a Creative CS46xx (compatible, at least) sound card. So that's the driver I use in Linux.

Hope this helps. Of course, if the sound is exclusively made by only one company and that company's not in the kernel, chances are with the current state of kernel development that you'll be waiting at least a year :P
H0bb3z
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If linux is in the VMware virtual machine, you need to use the virtual machine specifications for the sound driver. Vmware 4 uses Creative Labs Sound Blaster AudioPCI (MIDI input, game controllers and joysticks not supported), but I have no idea if your USB device will be supported in a virtual machine.

VMWare's support docs don't mention anything about USB:
http://www.vmware.com/support/linux/
Running Funtoo Core2 build
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: