** Gentoo Xeffects ** - Please read
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: ** Gentoo Xeffects ** - Please read Reply with quote

"Hello fellow Gentoo Xeffects users.

As some of you know, I�ve switched to arch a few months ago, and have since stopped using gentoo. This is the leading cause to why I am stepping down as the lead maintainer.

Now don�t panic, Xeffects is not going anywhere, and is in fact stronger than ever. Jmbsvicetto and Roderick Greening are now the only 2 who will be commiting to the overlay, as I no longer have a gentoo installation to commit from, nor do I want to maintain a chroot when we have 2 extremely well off maintainers.

While I am stepping down as the lead maintainer, I am not leaving the project. I�m still here for giving support, making decisions, helping out with ebuild fixes, and maintaining the website.

And speaking of the new website, I have a request for everyone. Please do not submit bug reports to the gentoo bugzilla, instead, submit bug reports to ours (http://bugs.gentoo-xeffects.org). Also, I�d like to kindly ask that you all start using our forums. While Unsupported Software on forums.gentoo.org is fine, posting here will keep all posts in one general location. And I know, we deleted the old forum, but that was due to the fact that we had upgraded throughout the phpBB beta process, and I wanted to ensure that the new website was done right this time, so that this would be the LAST time any data is dropped.

We will not be changing software, or dropping software, etc this time around. I�m tired of letting all of you down by doing so, so hence forth, there will be no major changes like before.

If you have any further questions, you can email me at nesl247@gentoo-xeffects.org, catch me on irc, or post in the forums. So thank you all.

- Alex (nesl247) and the Xeffects Team"
Dottout
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So thank you all.

thanks to you for the time and effort spent on xeffects project :D
einheitlix
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! xeffects is a fantastic overlay that I've been using a lot for quite some time now! :) Thank you for your time and your work, see you in the xeffects forums ;)
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with my previous posters & want to thank you for all you contributions and time spent on this project

without you there wouldn't be this great "out of the box (/overlay" experience with gentoo and compiz-fusion (+xgl) :)

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Arch Linux convert. :twisted:

Will you be working with the "kde_mod" project on Arch? It is basically XEffects overlay built for Arch. The person taking care of it is doing a really brillant job. I even helped him with the Kickoff stuff. He has KDE split up so it really is a smaller KDE and very nicely done, and the way he did KDE makes sense too. It installs all the base stuff that you really need, so it's not completely split. :)

Anyways, thanks for all your hard work on the Gentoo Overlay and I hope you enjoy Arch as much as I do.
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StifflerStealth wrote:
Another Arch Linux convert. :twisted:

Will you be working with the "kde_mod" project on Arch? It is basically XEffects overlay built for Arch. The person taking care of it is doing a really brillant job. I even helped him with the Kickoff stuff. He has KDE split up so it really is a smaller KDE and very nicely done, and the way he did KDE makes sense too. It installs all the base stuff that you really need, so it's not completely split. :)

Anyways, thanks for all your hard work on the Gentoo Overlay and I hope you enjoy Arch as much as I do.

I never worked on kde ebuilds except to fix a few things when roderick wasn't there. So no, I won't be working on kdemod. But yes, I do use it when I use kde.
enderandrew
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the kde_mod team had developed anything that the XEffects guys could borrow. There is a pretty hefty collection of patches in their repository:

http://kdemod.ath.cx/svn/trunk/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: