View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Xorg Mouse Problems [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a couple of days now. After a recent update the browsers on my system started acting extremely strange. Firefox menus do nothing when you click on them, but links are fine. Konqueror and Opera menus work fine, but links don't unless they are right-clicked and opened with the popup menu. Epiphany seems to work fine. Thinking that this could be a dynamic linking problem I ran emerge -e system && emerge -e world, but the problem persisted.

Now, since I have "~amd64" in my make.conf I of course expect these sorts of problems now and again. The reason I am bringing it up now is I also have Debian Sid on another drive which experienced the same issues after dist-upgrade replaced xorg today. Has anybody else been seeing similar behaviors?

EDIT:

I forgot to include that firefox menus are accessible with the keyboard. Perhaps an xorg mouse driver bug?

Last edited by EzInKy on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem turned out to be xorg interpreting one mouse click as two and wasn't browser related at all. The bugzilla report can be found here. The fix was to add "CorePointer" to the InputDevice line in xorg.conf ServerLayout section.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: