Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devport wrote:
hoschi wrote:
Deskbar shows only a PopUp (What to Fuck?!) to enter commands :evil:

http://raphael.slinckx.net/deskbar/
Features:
Ability to choose a fixed width or to expand in the panel to fill all available room

Any solution?

If I understand you right you miss the integration into the panel. Its a rewrite ( result of a Google project ) and I think its ridiculous. Why would you call it an applet when its actually a launcher to a main window. No one knows what the author thought when he rewrote an "applet" to be like that...

The best thing to do is to go to their bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org and tell them what we think about this stupid rewrite.

This bug seems to be best fitting : http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=474394

Done!
der_dude
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emopig wrote:
Has anyone found the cause of the "hcengine"/gnome-appearance-properties bugs?

gnome-appearance-properties hangs for me and starts gobbling CPU. Interestingly I've been running 2.20RC's and never had this problem until I switched to a clean ~ directory yesterday.

Sometimes I can start gnome-appearance-properties and it will not hang straight away, but it always hangs shortly and becomes useless. Also, oddly, there is a separate window that flickers onto the screen when I start it up but I don't know what it is.

In addition, even after blowing away the HighContrast themes to 'fix' the hcengine issues:
Code:
andrew@ziggy ~/Desktop $ gnome-appearance-properties

(gnome-appearance-properties:4052): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_map: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget)' failed

(gnome-appearance-properties:4052): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(gnome-appearance-properties:4052): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_map: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget)' failed

Deleting ~./config did the trick.

//edit: But this causes an gnome-applet error. So much better is to unmerge gtk-engine-qt ;)
fxjr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Getting problems with g-p-m and gconf complaining about utf8 Reply with quote

The only thing which didn't emerge ok so far, at least that I'm aware of, is the gnome-power-manager. It complains when installing gconf files:

>>> Original instance of package unmerged safely.
* Installing GNOME 2 GConf schemas
/etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-power-manager.schemas:1090: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
Bytes: 0xE0 0xA7 0x3C 0x2F
��������� ������������������ ������������������ ��������������� ��������� ������
^
* Reloading GConf schemas ... [ ok ]

I had a look at gentoo utf-8 guide as my machine isn't utf-8. Could this be the problem??

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I changed my default encoding from POSIX to C and it seemed to emerge correctly now. I will configure my box to use UTF-8 using Gentoo guide. Sorry for bothering you.

EDIT2: Just to clarify: It only worked when I changed the encoding and rebuilt g-p-m from source again.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
rope-walker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another problem.
When I install gnome 2.20 and new gtk+, glib in some programs like thunderbird or OpenOffice they crashes when I open any dialog from menu for example.
freaky
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: LUKS usbstick doesn't automount Reply with quote

Hey there,

ever since I updated to gnome 2.20 my LUKS encrypted USB stick usually doesn't mount (once in 100 boots or so it actually does mount...).

Anyways, I plug in the stick, gnome pops up the password dialog, I enter the password and then nothing.

Under /dev/mapper a device luks_<enter_long_hexid_here> gets created. So appearantly it does run 'cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdxx luks_<enter_log_hexid_here>' or something similar, but it then forgets to mount /dev/mapper/luks_<enter_long_hexid_here> to /media/<name of volume label>

Any ideas on what might cause this? Already remerged gnome-volume-manager and gnome-mount.

Also, if I unplug the stick and reenter it there will also be no password dialog anymore (and no /dev/mapper/ device thus). But this already was the case with 2.18 if I didn't unmount the stick through gnome and replug it then. It would only work a second time if it was nicely unmounted through gnome (I usually do this by right clicking the desktop icon / unmount).

Kind regards
kurtg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I decided to join the gnome-2.20 band wagon, but I'm having a problem with 'app-accessibility/orca-2.20.1':
Code:
checking for python module bonobo... no
configure: error: Could not find python module bonobo - make sure you have gnome-python with support for libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.14.0 installed

It seems easy enough, but I've rebuilt:

gnome-base/libbonobo 2.20.1
    gnome-base/libbonoboui 2.20.0
    dev-python/gnome-python 2.20.0
    dev-python/gnome-python-desktop 2.20.0
    dev-python/gnome-python-extras 2.19.1-r1

Emerge Info below. Any ideas?

Quote:
seeker src # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.3.16 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.2.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.22-gentoo-r1 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.22-gentoo-r1 i686 Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:30:09 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p17-r1
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.2-r1
dev-lang/python: 2.4.4-r4, 2.5.1-r3
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.10-r5
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.24
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.23
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.chem.wisc.edu/gentoo/ http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X accessibility acl acpi alsa apache2 arts asf avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus dri dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd evo fam ffmpeg firefox foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal howl iconv imlib ipv6 isdnlog java jpeg kerberos ldap libg++ libwww mad midi mikmod motif mp3 mpeg mppe-mppc mudflap mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl pic png pppd python qt3 qt3support quicktime readline reflection sdl session spell spl ssl svg tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode vorbis win32codecs x86 xinerama xml xorg xscreensaver xv zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="i810 vesa"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY
torsti76
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I upgraded to Gnome 2.20 a few days ago, I experience crashes with gnome-keyboard-properties and gnome-mouse-properties. Remerging nautilus, control-center, applets, panel etc. didn't work.

What am I missing?

Regards
Torsten
chiefmonkey
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Gnome 2.20 Installation Errors Reply with quote

I am trying to install Gnome 2.20 but it seems to fail on gnome-panel with an xml parse error. I have attached a snippet of the build log. Anyone come across this problem

Thanks
George

Code:

%tbl.table.att;

^

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-el.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang el --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` el/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-el.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-es.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang es --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` es/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-es.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-fr.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang fr --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` fr/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-fr.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-it.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang it --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` it/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-it.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-ko.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang ko --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` ko/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-ko.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-nl.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang nl --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` nl/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-nl.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-oc.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang oc --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` oc/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-oc.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-pa.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang pa --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` pa/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-pa.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-ru.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang ru --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` ru/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-ru.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-sv.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang sv --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` sv/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-sv.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-uk.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang uk --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` uk/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-uk.omf"; exit 1; }

xsltproc -o workspace-switcher-vi.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename workspace-switcher --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook' --stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang vi --stringparam db2omf.omf_dir "/usr/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/usr/share/gnome/help" --stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher/workspace-switcher.omf.in"  `/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` vi/workspace-switcher.xml || { rm -f "workspace-switcher-vi.omf"; exit 1; }

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbpoolx.mod:632: parser warning : PEReference: %notation.class; not found

%local.graphics.attrib;"

^

Entity: line 1: parser error : NmToken expected in ATTLIST enumeration

%graphics.attrib;

^

Entity: line 4:

format      () #IMPLIED

^

Entity: line 1: parser error : Content error in the external subset

%graphics.attrib;

^

format      () #IMPLIED

^

%graphics.attrib;

^

format      () #IMPLIED

^

%graphics.attrib;

^

format      () #IMPLIED

^

%graphics.attrib;

^

format      () #IMPLIED

^

unable to parse uk/workspace-switcher.xml

make[3]: *** [workspace-switcher-uk.omf] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help/workspace-switcher'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1/help'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1/work/gnome-panel-2.20.1'

make: *** [all] Error 2

* ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.20.1 failed.

* Call stack:

*   ebuild.sh, line 1654:   Called dyn_compile

*   ebuild.sh, line 990:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'

*   ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile

*   ebuild.sh, line 1334:   Called gnome2_src_compile

*   gnome2.eclass, line 71:   Called die

* compile failure
GrayFox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also experienced that mounting encrypted filesystems doesn't work anymore. But after the password dialog I can mount the /dev/mapper/<crypt> device by hand. Hope this gets fixed. Another thing that really annoys me is that the gnome-system-tools don't seem to work at all. This is what I get:
Code:
(time-admin:20908): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Cannot do system-bus activation with no user

(time-admin:20908): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Activation of org.freedesktop.SystemToolsBackends timed out

(time-admin:20908): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Cannot do system-bus activation with no user

Then a window pops up telling me that I don't have permission to access the system configuration.
Do I need to be in some group to access those tools? Has anybody else this problem? (I'm running gnome-system-tools-2.20 from gnome-experimental)
kurtg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtg wrote:
I'm having a problem with 'app-accessibility/orca-2.20.1':
Code:
checking for python module bonobo... no
configure: error: Could not find python module bonobo - make sure you have gnome-python with support for libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.14.0 installed

You can get around this with:
Code:

=gnome-base/gnome-2.20.0
>=app-accessibility/orca-2.20

in your /etc/portage/package.mask. It knocks you down to gnome-base/gnome-2.18.3, but there are hardly any downgrades.

btw, the fonts are annoying on high density monitors. I'm down to 6 pitch and they are barely small enough.
torsti76
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
btw, the fonts are annoying on high density monitors. I'm down to 6 pitch and they are barely small enough.

I can confirm that - I'm running at 1920x1440 and the default fonts looked like Lego...
wah_wah_69
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this error emerging gnome-desktop 2.20
Code:

--variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` oc/gpl.xml || { rm -f "gpl-oc.omf"; exit 1; }
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %list.class; not found
      %local.divcomponent.mix;">
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %admon.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %linespecific.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %synop.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %para.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %informal.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %formal.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %compound.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %genobj.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %descobj.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:115: parser warning : PEReference: %ndxterm.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %list.class; not found
      %local.refcomponent.mix;">
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %admon.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %linespecific.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %synop.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %para.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %informal.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %formal.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %compound.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %genobj.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %descobj.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:125: parser warning : PEReference: %ndxterm.class; not found
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:135: parser warning : PEReference: %linespecific.class; not found
      %local.indexdivcomponent.mix;">
                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:135: parser warning : PEReference: %synop.class; not found
                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:135: parser warning : PEReference: %para.class; not found
                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:135: parser warning : PEReference: %informal.class; not found
                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:135: parser warning : PEReference: %link.char.class; not found
                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:141: parser warning : PEReference: %tech.char.class; not found
      %local.refname.char.mix;">
                               ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %xref.char.class; not found
      %local.refinline.char.mix;">
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %gen.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %link.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %tech.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %base.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %docinfo.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %other.char.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:156: parser warning : PEReference: %ndxterm.class; not found
                                 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:204: parser warning : PEReference: %role.attrib; not found
<!ENTITY % set.role.attrib "%role.attrib;">
                                          ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:219: parser warning : PEReference: %status.attrib; not found
      %status.attrib;
                     ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:220: parser warning : PEReference: %common.attrib; not found
      %common.attrib;
                     ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:230: parser warning : PEReference: %role.attrib; not found
<!ENTITY % setinfo.role.attrib "%role.attrib;">
                                              ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:236: parser warning : PEReference: %bibliocomponent.mix; not found
   | keywordset | itermset | %bibliocomponent.mix;)+)>
                                                  ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:236: parser error : ContentDecl : Name or '(' expected
                                                  ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:236: parser error : expected '>'
                                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:236: parser error : Content error in the external subset
                                                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:243: parser warning : PEReference: %setinfo.attlist; not found
<![%setinfo.attlist;[
                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:243: parser error : conditional section INCLUDE or IGNORE keyword expected
<![%setinfo.attlist;[
                    ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:243: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!ATTLIST setinfo
 ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:243: parser error : Content error in the external subset
<!ATTLIST setinfo
    ^
<!ATTLIST setinfo
       ^
unable to parse oc/gpl.xml
make[3]: *** [gpl-oc.omf] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/work/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/desktop-docs/gpl'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/work/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/desktop-docs'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/work/gnome-desktop-2.20.1'
  [31;01m* [0m
  [31;01m* [0m ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-desktop-2.20.1 failed.
  [31;01m* [0m Call stack:
  [31;01m* [0m       ebuild.sh, line 1695:  Called dyn_compile
  [31;01m* [0m       ebuild.sh, line 1033:  Called qa_call 'src_compile'
  [31;01m* [0m       ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_compile
  [31;01m* [0m       ebuild.sh, line 1377:  Called gnome2_src_compile
  [31;01m* [0m   gnome2.eclass, line   71:  Called die
  [31;01m* [0m The specific snippet of code:
  [31;01m* [0m      emake || die "compile failure"
  [31;01m* [0m  The die message:
  [31;01m* [0m   compile failure
  [31;01m* [0m
  [31;01m* [0m If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
  [31;01m* [0m A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-desktop-2.20.1/temp/build.log'.
  [31;01m* [0m

freaky
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same issue with fonts I think. I have a 1400x1050 laptop screen (15"). Gnome/X appearantly recalculated the DPI for fonts which I had fixed to 96 long time ago. Anyways go to

System | Preferences | Appearance | Fonts | Details

and set Resolution dots per inch to 96. Restart X/gnome. Should help. Why they calculate this is beyond me. AFAIK Windows doesn't and those fonts always look good. Sure, you might check the cleartype thing on LCD's but that has nothing to do with DPI AFAIK, just with anti-aliasing n such.
torsti76
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Mouse madness Reply with quote

Folks,

I stepped deeper into my mouse- and keyboard-properties problem and found out, that gconf obviously doesn't read the associated schemas correctly. After changing all the values in
desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse I found, that most of them are missing the correct type information.

The strangest thing: After settinbg, e.g. motion_threshold to some float value, I was able to open the mouse-properties applet again. Nonetheless it crashed as soon as I moved one of the sliders. The same happens for the keyboard repeat sliders, that's why I have to keep the keyboard-repeat option off.

All that is very annoying - and even going back temporarily to control-center 2.18 didn't change the weirdness...

Any ideas?
Torsten

PS Thanks for the 96-dpi-tipp, that really did the trick for me!
b1f30
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: media-gfx/eog-2.20.2 Reply with quote

/bin/sh: line 1: scrollkeeper-preinstall: command not found
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/eog-2.20.2/work/eog-2.20.2/help/zh_TW'
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/eog-2.20.2/work/eog-2.20.2/help'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/eog-2.20.2/work/eog-2.20.2/help'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/eog-2.20.2/work/eog-2.20.2/help'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/eog-2.20.2/work/eog-2.20.2'

But I know what's up - it's because scrollkeeper-9999 is for testing.

:-\
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to install Gnome 2.20 soon but after reading this thread I might want to hold off a bit hehe.
Ssl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One quickie:
I am using this GDM theme:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Linux+Mint+GDM+logon+theme?content=68170
Question is why it is not showing "face browser" items (users) for me, in the appropriate place, as it is shown on the picture? I can't select users via picture as there are no one shown. Stock GDM face browser theme works in this regard. Is this GDM bug? Can someone confirm this?
GNUtoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
i was told to use gtk-print instead of gnome-print because i can't print in black and white in gnome...
(https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-611696-highlight-.html)
and gtk-print is not in gnome 2.16.3 so i must upgrade...to gnome-2.20.1
but i want to upgrade only gnome...and not the others packages(because it would be faster)...how should i do that?
alexandervdm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to accept keyword ~arch for the packages in the gnome/gnome-light metapackage.

But perhaps it's better to hold off for a little while longer:
Quote:
------- Comment #13 From Mart Raudsepp 2007-11-09 08:30:05 0000 [reply] -------

If all goes well, 2.20 will be going stable in the coming days anyways, so not
sure I want a revision bump hanging around that will probably never get stabled

Source: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=188618#c13
More on: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio

Awesome news, can't hardly wait!
max-232
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

it seem, at least for me, that with the lates gnome-power-manager (2.20.0-r1) in portage, has been solved the problem of the icon in the notification area.
n3Cre0
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max-232 wrote:
Hi all,

it seem, at least for me, that with the lates gnome-power-manager (2.20.0-r1) in portage, has been solved the problem of the icon in the notification area.

Tested today by not using a script to delay its execution, but immediately adding it in session-manager: can confirm the latest gnome-power-manager does indeed work completely now :)
PCalitrack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Timeline for stable Gnome 2.20 release? Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been asked, or is posted somewhere. Anybody have an idea as to when Gnome-2.20 will be released in the stable branch of portage?
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged above. It is planned on being stablised within a week.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_alec wrote:
Merged above. It is planned on being stablised within a week.

goodie. i want to use the new evince, supposed to be faster. hopefully gnome will have better printing support.
mottmar
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: window list applet Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is a way to obtain the old behavior of this applet in a panel with "expanded" option disabled? I had it resizing to zero lenght when I had no applications appearing in the list, but now it will stay, empty, with a fixed lenght..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: