Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin_Matt wrote:
erik.swanson wrote:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY is a convenient way of both adding new (existing) ebuilds to the tree that your portage installation sees, and a way of clobbering ebuilds that are in the official tree (what I'm suggesting).
Assuming your PORTDIR_OVERLAY is /usr/local/portage, a /usr/local/portage/x11-libs/gtk+-2.2.1.ebuild (with the Ximian patches) will take prescedence over /usr/portage/x11-libs/gtk+-2.2.1.ebuild.

Using the overlay is pretty much a given...
erik.swanson wrote:

As a first step we can just clobber the official ebuilds (same categories, same names) with ones that install the contents of the SRPMs (shouldn't be too hard, there might already be some mechanism or work done to wrap srpms into ebuilds with minimal work), later seperating out the improvements by Ximian into patches and merging them (use-flagged) into the official ebuilds (in our overlay) before testing them and flooding them onto the zilla.

These ebuilds will have to be revision-bumped. Otherwise there will have to be a list/script posted to manually emerge each of the clobbered packges, plus any newer revision in tree would then clobber these.

Agreed. A revision bump seems the way to go. We will run into problems when Gentoo upgrades to a new version (2.2.2 from 2.2.1), and Ximian doesn't.

Lin_Matt wrote:
Ideally, I'd love to see an 'xd2-gnome' meta-package so I just just 'emerge xd2-gnome' and voila! Course we are just a bit away from that atm... ;)

That's what I added those xd2, xd2-core, xd2-full packages for.. If you'd rather them called xd2-gnome, that's fine too. ;)
I think the goal of this project have been blurred, so I will restate.
* To provide XD2 for Gentoo, deviating from Ximian's package decisions as little as possible (exceptions are possible).

This not "to merge the cool features Ximian adds to Gentoo's GNOME implementation." Freak_NL put it well:
Freak_NL wrote:
Sounds like a good plan. I think the main audience for this project are the sysadmins who want to install Linux desktops in a company for normal (non-tweaking, non-developing) users who want stability and a nice desktop, and all that with Gentoo as distribution.

A niche market, but definitely worth the effort. I believe XD2 is excellent for use by the "normal user" in a business environment, and this project may well allow Gentoo to prove itself as very suitable for desktop-use in that situation.

I want to provide people with the option of: the power and customizability of Gentoo, with the beauty and ease of use of XD2.
Its because of this goal that I don't want to tweak this build so that it installs into a seperate (possibly user-defined) prefix. Although I see the advantage of that, I think its out of the scope of the project, based on its above stated goal. GNOME proper and XD2 have always been targeting different user-groups; consider this project unofficial Ximian support for Gentoo. The target user still stays the same.

I'm very excited about all the activity this has generated so far; I never expected this less than 24 hours after the first post.
Spider
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Good luck Reply with quote

interesting project, I was hacking some on it in their 1.4 desktop days, and so far the most "complete" solution is to provide a complete tree with an selectively un-propagated gnome-* tree, where you simply replace the packages they have patched and leave the rest.

some points first though.

a) Copyright and trademark.
You must manually go through -all- of their packages and remove the ximian logo, the monkey and all "ximian (tm) " texts that appear on the desktop. You will also have to create replacement art for theese items.

b) Source.
Theres no sourcecode as of yet, its yet to be released (next week, afaik)

c) compability and bugs
.... dont give us headaches ;)

I think the "simplest" way is to setup a second rsync repro with some selective delete magic applied that removes the gnome packages that are replaced with the xd2 packages....

...that is not to say I recommend that way, suggest it, or support it.
erik_swanson
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider:

Thank you very much for bringing up the point on Ximian's trademark.

One thing which I have not seen much documentation on and would appreciate any pointers on is how hard-mask (packages.mask) interacts with PORTDIR_OVERLAY; I'm interested in this because if it works the way I think it does, it might be a feasable alternative to not propegating parts of the official tree.
asimon
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good luck Reply with quote

Spider wrote:

a) Copyright and trademark.
You must manually go through -all- of their packages and remove the ximian logo, the monkey and all "ximian (tm) " texts that appear on the desktop. You will also have to create replacement art for theese items.

Is this needed for build instructions (i.e. ebuilds) too, which do not contain any trademarked stuff by themselves?

Cheers,
Andreas
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've thought about the copyright issue here. That really sucks, but it does have to bee done.
Spider
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Good luck Reply with quote

asimon wrote:

Is this needed for build instructions (i.e. ebuilds) too, which do not contain any trademarked stuff by themselves?

No, but you cannot use the "ximian-" name for packages, I doubt you can use the "X2D-" name either, since you dont have the full products, and you cannot use their Ximian logos or the like.. I think most other items are under GPL or other free license (most of their extended graphics that is) but I cannot check until the have released the desktop (and thus have to release or at least make avaiable the source)

The .spec files or other buildinformation may be copyrighted, but not trademarked , but I think they will be GPL'ed as well.
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, all of this rests on whether they will make source code downloadable or not.

I have thought about this copyright/logo issue, and it does seem like the best thing to do would be to make patches that just remove/replace Ximian's copyrighted crap.

This really bugs me. nonetheless. One thing I thought of was that maybe we aren't technically infringing on their copyrights and stuff. We (as the G-XD2 project), are not providing their source code for download. It is not hosted on any of my (or our) servers. All we are providing is a method (standardized for Gentoo users) for installing the Ximian Desktop. Also, we cannot control what users do (individually) to their own builds. (I.E. remove the copyright correction patches). ;)

Package names is no worry. We can just make use of the PORTDIR_OVERLAY package clobbering, and as Matt mentioned to me, use patch levels to override the base GNOME packages.

I feel dirty being forced to create sly little methods like this to get something that I feel should be available to users. Bleh. This is exactly why I hate copyrights and all that legal junk.
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried getting in touch with the Ximian folks and seeing exactly what would need to be changed? It seems to me that if the goal is to simply provide the Ximian Desktop to Gentoo users, you may be able to convince em to let the logos/etc stay, albeit with a big honking disclaimer that the ebuilds aren't officially supported by Ximian proper....
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've thought of that. It seems like it might be difficult to convince them (especially if their business-type people are in charge of giving these permissions) to give a permission to some guy that's working on providing their product to a different Linux distribution for free.
I'm in class right now, but I'll email them once I wake up (er, once class is over).

We'll see where this goes. Maybe we should get a petition going, and have members of the community who want this to sign it.

Spider wrote:

c) compability and bugs
.... dont give us headaches ;)

Don't worry. I don't plan on letting any of this get in your way. I plan on making it very clear where bugs should be submitted, etc. Lin_Matt and the breakmygentoo guys have been gracious enough to set up a component in their bugzilla for these ebuilds. If some confused user submits a bug to the real Gentoo bugzilla, just let me know, and we'll take care of it. Gentoo developers shouldn't be forced to deal with this. You guys have enough on your plate already.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell Ximian will support a meta distribution like Gentoo - they dropped Debain because it was to old in the stable branch and the development branch changed to often. I think that's the reply you'll get.

But you are free under the GPL/LGPL to use their patches, so a patched up Gentoo GNOME might be the way to go...

But it's always polite to ask first so by all means do that, just remember you are not an official representative of Gentoo, they might get that idea somehow. Hell you might even get some assistance with the source.
Spider
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Trademark vs. Copyright Reply with quote

I've been in touch with Ximian in the past (inofficially) and while its ok to use their sources (its GPL code, thats why.. you will get sources, sooner or later as the binary is done) you cannot use the Ximian name. I dont think you'll stand a chance to be allowed to do that, since if they allow you to use it, they loose the trademark, and thus a lot of their power and brandname.

Same goes for their logo's and so on.. not much chance there.

that is, you can't call it "Ximian desktop for Gentoo" since it cannot be ximian desktop when its not ximian that are behind it.

You can call it "enhanced gnome based on Ximian sources" however.

To apply their logo/brandname to a product you develop and distribute would be a no-no. however, remember to give credit to them, thats a completely different thing.
shm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know the timeframe of when Ximian's patches are going to merged into vanilla gnome? Do we have to wait for gnome 2.6 or are some things going to slip into gnome 2.4?

I really don't want to have to install Ximian Desktop itself because of bad experiences with it in the past (me+Debian unstable+ximian=reinstall three times) :)
singular
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Trademark vs. Copyright Reply with quote

Spider wrote:
I've been in touch with Ximian in the past (inofficially) and while its ok to use their sources (its GPL code, thats why.. you will get sources, sooner or later as the binary is done) you cannot use the Ximian name. I dont think you'll stand a chance to be allowed to do that, since if they allow you to use it, they loose the trademark, and thus a lot of their power and brandname.

Same goes for their logo's and so on.. not much chance there.

that is, you can't call it "Ximian desktop for Gentoo" since it cannot be ximian desktop when its not ximian that are behind it.

You can call it "enhanced gnome based on Ximian sources" however.

To apply their logo/brandname to a product you develop and distribute would be a no-no. however, remember to give credit to them, thats a completely different thing.

I'm curious, how is having ebuild scripts for installing the desktop any different than the Gentoo install of Evolution (which has the Ximian name and logo plastered all over the place) ?
sisob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shm wrote:
Does anybody know the timeframe of when Ximian's patches are going to merged into vanilla gnome? Do we have to wait for gnome 2.6 or are some things going to slip into gnome 2.4?

Well XD2 is due out on the 2.3 feature freeze ( http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/ ) so I doubt we'll see much of their stuff
until 2.5 - will make 2.5 super exciting though ;)
dermot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it makes any odds whether or not you have Ximian's blessing, because essentially all that you are providing is a script (ebuild) that retrieves the source from Ximian's servers and compiles it automatically.

Or are you talking about making changes to the code itself? In which case... I don't think you could (or should) use Ximian's trademarked items. Once you change the code, strictly speaking it's no longer Ximian Desktop or Evolution or what have you.

With regard to the other stuff - I don't know a lot about ebuilds, so this might be a stoopid question - could you guys side-step the vanilla GNOME vs. Ximian GNOME conflict by simply allowing Ximian's GNOME (and extras) to occupy the slots that vanilla GNOME would normally fill?

I bought some rock star ashes from the back of Rolling Stone
I don't think he would've minded - he couldn't sell his soul
Nylle
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the installer part of XD2 is an important part of the idea with XD2, I think that by changeing the installer it is no longer XD2.

Therefore I think you'll have problems with Ximian if you use their logos and such.
l8nite
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: count me in Reply with quote

Link, I'll be available anytime you want to come over and bughunt. I'm also good at repetitive/drudgery work (like cleaning out copyright problems), so lmk on IRC or give me a call..
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dermot wrote:
I don't think it makes any odds whether or not you have Ximian's blessing, because essentially all that you are providing is a script (ebuild) that retrieves the source from Ximian's servers and compiles it automatically.

I agree. Its just a build method, not a build itself. Kind of a shady view to take, but I don't feel that this tactic is in violation of anything. I do not plan on patching the Ximian sources, or storing source tarballs on any sort of server. The ebuild scripts would simply retrieve the tarballs off Ximian's server itself.
dermot wrote:
Or are you talking about making changes to the code itself? In which case... I don't think you could (or should) use Ximian's trademarked items. Once you change the code, strictly speaking it's no longer Ximian Desktop or Evolution or what have you.

I have no intention of changing the code. All I'd want to do is provide what Ximian provides in a more Gentoo-friendly manner. The only sort of changes I could see needing to be done could all be done within scripts (to adjust build/installation locations, and that anyone can do by tweaking the configure parameters). Again, not touching the source code.

dermot wrote:
With regard to the other stuff - I don't know a lot about ebuilds, so this might be a stoopid question - could you guys side-step the vanilla GNOME vs. Ximian GNOME conflict by simply allowing Ximian's GNOME (and extras) to occupy the slots that vanilla GNOME would normally fill?

That's basically the tactic we're discussing (and that I think we will take). To simply override the existing ebuilds would make the most sense, and allow for maximum integration with the rest of Portage's packages.

Nylle wrote:
Since the installer part of XD2 is an important part of the idea with XD2, I think that by changeing the installer it is no longer XD2.

I don't think we'd be making use of the Ximian installer. Its all RPM'd and stuff. These ebuilds would be emerge'd just like anything else on your system. We wouldn't touch Red Carpet either, that's RPM'd too.

l8nite wrote:
Link, I'll be available anytime you want to come over and bughunt. I'm also good at repetitive/drudgery work (like cleaning out copyright problems), so lmk on IRC or give me a call..

w00t.
Ssl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just visited ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/ftp.ximian.com/ and at least I see Evolution 1.4 final RPMS for RH, SuSE and Mandrake...

Slobo
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slobo wrote:
I just visited ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/ftp.ximian.com/ and at least I see Evolution 1.4 final RPMS for RH, SuSE and Mandrake...

Slobo

:) Word. Its beginning.

Found an open xd2 dir on ftp://ximian.netnitco.net/pub/mirrors/ximian/
Got a list of the packages here. I'm not going to call this official until Ximian's announced it, but this is basically it:
Code:
Index of ftp://ximian.netnitco.net/pub/mirrors/ximian/xd2/redhat-9-i386
Up to higher level directory
GConf-1.0.9-10.ximian.6.9.i386.rpm    505 KB    06/05/2003    06:07:00 AM
GConf-devel-1.0.9-10.ximian.6.9.i386.rpm    1024 KB    06/05/2003    06:07:00 AM
GConf2-2.2.0-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    707 KB    06/05/2003    06:07:00 AM
GConf2-devel-2.2.0-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    927 KB    06/05/2003    06:07:00 AM
Guppi-0.40.3-13.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    8299 KB    06/05/2003    06:08:00 AM
Guppi-devel-0.40.3-13.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    8015 KB    06/05/2003    06:09:00 AM
ORBit-0.5.17-7.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    309 KB    06/05/2003    06:09:00 AM
ORBit-devel-0.5.17-7.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    1886 KB    06/05/2003    06:09:00 AM
ORBit2-2.6.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    165 KB    06/05/2003    06:09:00 AM
ORBit2-devel-2.6.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    2601 KB    06/05/2003    06:10:00 AM
acme-2.0.4-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    183 KB    06/05/2003    06:10:00 AM
at-poke-0.2.1-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    46 KB    06/05/2003    06:10:00 AM
at-spi-1.1.9-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    203 KB    06/05/2003    06:11:00 AM
at-spi-devel-1.1.9-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    3143 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
atk-1.2.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    114 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
atk-devel-1.2.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    709 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
bitstream-vera-fonts-1.10-0.ximian.6.3.noarch.rpm    342 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
bonobo-1.0.22-4.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    543 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
bonobo-activation-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    200 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
bonobo-activation-devel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    1256 KB    06/05/2003    06:13:00 AM
bonobo-devel-1.0.22-4.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    8337 KB    06/05/2003    06:14:00 AM
bug-buddy-2.2.104-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    311 KB    06/05/2003    06:14:00 AM
control-center-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    1351 KB    06/07/2003    05:00:00 PM
control-center-devel-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    209 KB    06/07/2003    05:00:00 PM
cups-drivers-2.0.2-15.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    9648 KB    06/05/2003    06:16:00 AM
cups-drivers-hpijs-2.0.2-15.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    2505 KB    06/05/2003    06:16:00 AM
cups-drivers-pnm2ppa-2.0.2-15.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    34 KB    06/05/2003    06:16:00 AM
db1-1.85-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    115 KB    06/05/2003    06:16:00 AM
db1-devel-1.85-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    434 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
dia-0.91-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    1566 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
eel2-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    315 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
eel2-devel-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    3086 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
eog-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    288 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
esound-0.2.29-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    89 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
esound-devel-0.2.29-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    144 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
fireflies-2.02-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    48 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
fontconfig-2.2.0-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    99 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
fontconfig-devel-2.2.0-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    649 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
fontilus-0.4-4.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    57 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
foomatic-2.0.2-15.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1360 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
freetype-2.1.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    566 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
freetype-demos-2.1.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    59 KB    06/05/2003    06:17:00 AM
freetype-devel-2.1.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    1592 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
freetype-utils-2.1.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    16 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
gail-1.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    196 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
gail-devel-1.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    217 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
gaim-0.63-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    1648 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
gal-0.23-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    68 KB    06/05/2003    06:18:00 AM
gal-devel-0.23-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    7792 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
galeon-1.3.4-0.ximian.6.14.i386.rpm    2187 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gconf-editor-0.4.0-3.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    87 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-0.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    207 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gdk-pixbuf-devel-0.22.0-0.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    1149 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gdk-pixbuf-gnome-0.22.0-0.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    10 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gdm-2.4.1.4-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    1587 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gedit-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    1138 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gedit-devel-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    74 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
gftp-2.0.14-2.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    514 KB    06/05/2003    06:19:00 AM
ggv-1.99.98-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    361 KB    06/05/2003    06:20:00 AM
ghex-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    314 KB    06/05/2003    06:20:00 AM
ghfaxviewer-0.22.0-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    83 KB    06/05/2003    06:20:00 AM
gimp-1.2.3-16.ximian.6.10.1.i386.rpm    8134 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
gimp-devel-1.2.3-16.ximian.6.10.1.i386.rpm    2115 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
gimp-perl-1.2.3-16.ximian.6.10.1.i386.rpm    376 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glade-0.6.4-9.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    1290 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glade2-1.1.3-3.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    1159 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glib-1.2.10-10.ximian.6.14.i386.rpm    119 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glib-devel-1.2.10-10.ximian.6.14.i386.rpm    412 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glib2-2.2.1-1.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    359 KB    06/05/2003    06:21:00 AM
glib2-devel-2.2.1-1.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    2012 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnet-1.1.7-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    107 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnet-devel-1.1.7-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    531 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-applets-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    2388 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-audio-1.4.0-6.ximian.6.9.noarch.rpm    748 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-audio-extra-1.4.0-6.ximian.6.9.noarch.rpm    660 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-common-1.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.noarch.rpm    50 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-cups-manager-0.16-0.ximian.6.2.1.i386.rpm    180 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-cups-manager-devel-0.16-0.ximian.6.2.1.i386.rpm    168 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-desktop-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    678 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-desktop-devel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    414 KB    06/05/2003    06:22:00 AM
gnome-games-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    7335 KB    06/05/2003    06:23:00 AM
gnome-icon-theme-1.0.3-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    840 KB    06/05/2003    06:23:00 AM
gnome-libs-1.4.2-0.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    1057 KB    06/05/2003    06:23:00 AM
gnome-libs-devel-1.4.2-0.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    10295 KB    06/05/2003    06:25:00 AM
gnome-mime-data-2.2.0-1.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    946 KB    06/05/2003    06:25:00 AM
gnome-panel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.5.1.i386.rpm    2189 KB    06/07/2003    11:39:00 PM
gnome-panel-devel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.5.1.i386.rpm    1836 KB    06/07/2003    11:40:00 PM
gnome-print-0.37-4.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    228 KB    06/05/2003    06:25:00 AM
gnome-print-devel-0.37-4.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    2694 KB    06/05/2003    06:25:00 AM
gnome-session-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    301 KB    06/05/2003    06:26:00 AM
gnome-system-monitor-2.0.4-2.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    378 KB    06/05/2003    06:26:00 AM
gnome-terminal-2.2.1-3.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    664 KB    06/05/2003    06:26:00 AM
gnome-themes-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    2362 KB    06/05/2003    06:26:00 AM
gnome-user-docs-2.0.6-0.ximian.6.6.noarch.rpm    7151 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-utils-2.2.3-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    1885 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-vfs-1.0.5-13.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    370 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-vfs-devel-1.0.5-13.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    197 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-vfs-extras-0.2.0-5.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    219 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-vfs2-2.2.5-0.ximian.6.13.i386.rpm    551 KB    06/05/2003    06:27:00 AM
gnome-vfs2-devel-2.2.5-0.ximian.6.13.i386.rpm    2753 KB    06/05/2003    06:28:00 AM
gnome-vfs2-extras-0.99.10-1.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    601 KB    06/05/2003    06:28:00 AM
gnomemeeting-0.96.0-4.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    896 KB    06/05/2003    06:28:00 AM
gnumeric-1.0.13-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    7196 KB    06/05/2003    06:29:00 AM
gthumb-2.1.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    5588 KB    06/05/2003    06:30:00 AM
gtk+-1.2.10-25.ximian.6.47.i386.rpm    3007 KB    06/05/2003    06:30:00 AM
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-25.ximian.6.47.i386.rpm    5499 KB    06/05/2003    06:31:00 AM
gtk-engines-0.12-0.ximian.6.13.i386.rpm    520 KB    06/05/2003    06:31:00 AM
gtk2-2.2.1-4.ximian.6.18.i386.rpm    2605 KB    06/05/2003    06:31:00 AM
gtk2-devel-2.2.1-4.ximian.6.18.i386.rpm    14497 KB    06/05/2003    06:33:00 AM
gtk2-engines-2.2.0-2.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    47 KB    06/05/2003    06:33:00 AM
gtkhtml2-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    190 KB    06/05/2003    06:33:00 AM
gtkhtml2-devel-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    10425 KB    06/05/2003    06:34:00 AM
gtkspell-2.0.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    19 KB    06/05/2003    06:34:00 AM
gtkspell-devel-2.0.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    14 KB    06/05/2003    06:34:00 AM
gucharmap-0.4.0-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1092 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
gucharmap-devel-0.4.0-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1736 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
intltool-0.25-2.ximian.6.3.noarch.rpm    76 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libIDL-0.8.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    87 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libIDL-devel-0.8.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    201 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libart_lgpl-2.3.12-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    65 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libart_lgpl-devel-2.3.12-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    214 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libbonobo-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    244 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libbonobo-devel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    2801 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libbonoboui-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    287 KB    06/05/2003    06:35:00 AM
libbonoboui-devel-2.2.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    5646 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libcapplet0-1.5.12-0.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    58 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libcapplet0-devel-1.5.12-0.ximian.6.10.i386.rpm    11 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgail-gnome-1.0.2-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    23 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgail-gnome-devel-1.0.2-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    3 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgal21-0.23-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    481 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libglade-0.17-11.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    91 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libglade-devel-0.17-11.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    486 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libglade2-2.0.1-3.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    81 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libglade2-devel-2.0.1-3.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    479 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnome-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    483 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnome-devel-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    534 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomecanvas-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    171 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomecanvas-devel-2.2.1-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1051 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomecups-0.1.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    32 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomecups-devel-0.1.4-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    253 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomeprint15-0.37-4.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    207 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomeprint22-2.3.0.cvs.9-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    261 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomeprint22-devel-2.3.0.cvs.9-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1923 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomeprintui22-2.3.0-0.ximian.6.14.i386.rpm    171 KB    06/05/2003    06:36:00 AM
libgnomeprintui22-devel-2.3.0-0.ximian.6.14.i386.rpm    2080 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgnomeui-2.2.0.1-5.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    547 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgnomeui-devel-2.2.0.1-5.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    4922 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgsf-1.7.2-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    73 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgsf-devel-1.7.2-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    706 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgsf-gnome-1.7.2-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    9 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgsf-gnome-devel-1.7.2-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    248 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgtop2-2.0.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    271 KB    06/05/2003    06:37:00 AM
libgtop2-devel-2.0.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1360 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libmrproject-0.9.1-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    382 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libmrproject-devel-0.9.1-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    536 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libole2-0.2.4-6.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    60 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libole2-devel-0.2.4-6.ximian.6.8.i386.rpm    93 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
librsvg2-2.2.5-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    79 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
librsvg2-devel-2.2.5-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    445 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libwnck-2.2.1-2.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    100 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libwnck-devel-2.2.1-2.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    1807 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxml-1.8.17-8.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    292 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxml-devel-1.8.17-8.ximian.6.7.i386.rpm    668 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxml2-2.5.7-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    765 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxml2-devel-2.5.7-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1618 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxml2-python-2.5.7-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    122 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxslt-1.0.30-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    153 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxslt-devel-1.0.30-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    967 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libxslt-python-1.0.30-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    30 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libzvt-2.0.1-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    99 KB    06/05/2003    06:38:00 AM
libzvt-devel-2.0.1-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    541 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
linc-1.0.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    40 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
linc-devel-1.0.2-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    213 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
memprof-0.5.1-3.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    333 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
metacity-2.4.55-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    1114 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
metacity-devel-2.4.55-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    355 KB    06/05/2003    06:39:00 AM
mozilla-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    9961 KB    06/05/2003    06:40:00 AM
mozilla-chat-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    146 KB    06/05/2003    06:40:00 AM
mozilla-devel-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    3595 KB    06/05/2003    06:40:00 AM
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    218 KB    06/05/2003    06:40:00 AM
mozilla-js-debugger-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    235 KB    06/05/2003    06:40:00 AM
mozilla-mail-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    1966 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mozilla-nspr-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    99 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mozilla-nspr-devel-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    289 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mozilla-nss-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    546 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mozilla-nss-devel-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    1132 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mozilla-psm-1.3.1-0.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    339 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
mrproject-0.9.1-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    1402 KB    06/05/2003    06:41:00 AM
nautilus-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    3300 KB    06/08/2003    04:06:00 PM
nautilus-cd-burner-0.4.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    107 KB    06/05/2003    06:42:00 AM
nautilus-devel-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    7489 KB    06/08/2003    04:07:00 PM
nautilus-printers-2.2.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    13 KB    06/08/2003    04:07:00 PM
oaf-0.6.10-5.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    170 KB    06/05/2003    06:43:00 AM
oaf-devel-0.6.10-5.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    768 KB    06/05/2003    06:43:00 AM
ooo-1.0.3-0.ximian.6.12.i386.rpm    59912 KB    06/05/2003    06:50:00 AM
ooo-dictionaries-1.0.3-0.ximian.6.1.noarch.rpm    12305 KB    06/07/2003    11:43:00 PM
ooo-fonts-1.0.0-0.ximian.6.5.noarch.rpm    81 KB    06/05/2003    06:52:00 AM
ooo-i18n-1.0.3-0.ximian.6.12.i386.rpm    34767 KB    06/05/2003    06:58:00 AM
openh323-1.11.7-4.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    2564 KB    06/05/2003    06:59:00 AM
openh323-devel-1.11.7-4.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    3648 KB    06/05/2003    06:59:00 AM
packageinfo.xml.gz    49 KB    06/08/2003    11:33:00 PM
pan-0.13.4-0.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    867 KB    06/05/2003    06:59:00 AM
pango-1.2.1-3.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    300 KB    06/05/2003    06:59:00 AM
pango-devel-1.2.1-3.ximian.6.5.i386.rpm    1885 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
perl-File-Slurp-2002.1031-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    9 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
pkgconfig-0.15.0-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    59 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
pwlib-1.4.11-4.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1002 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
pwlib-devel-1.4.11-4.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1885 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
rdesktop-1.2.0-1.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    50 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
rss_glx-0.7.4-0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    2751 KB    06/05/2003    07:00:00 AM
scrollkeeper-0.3.12-3.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm    433 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
startup-notification-0.5-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    27 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
startup-notification-devel-0.5-1.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    171 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
tsclient-0.108-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    148 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
vte-0.10.28-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    792 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
vte-devel-0.10.28-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    1065 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
x3270-3.2.20-4.ximian.6.2.1.i386.rpm    576 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
xchat-2.0.2-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    925 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
ximian-artwork-0.2.26-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    3541 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
ximian-doorman-1.99.28-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm    60 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
ximian-menus-1.99.30-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm    213 KB    06/05/2003    07:01:00 AM
ximian-wallpapers-0.3-0.ximian.6.7.noarch.rpm    6500 KB    06/05/2003    07:02:00 AM
xmms-1.2.7-21.p.ximian.6.13.i386.rpm    1361 KB    06/05/2003    07:02:00 AM
xmms-devel-1.2.7-21.p.ximian.6.13.i386.rpm    252 KB    06/05/2003    07:02:00 AM
xscreensaver-4.09-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    2560 KB    06/05/2003    07:03:00 AM
xscreensaver-gl-4.09-0.ximian.6.6.i386.rpm    1728 KB    06/05/2003    07:03:00 AM
yelp-2.2.0-3.ximian.6.4.i386.rpm    379 KB    06/05/2003    07:03:00 AM

atom
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link wrote:
I'm not going to call this official until Ximian's announced it, but this is basically it:

according to ximian's site, its released. notice the puzzle pieces are all there in the xd2 logo. :)
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go - enjoy..

http://patches.ximian.com
link
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked over some of the patches, and they don't look to devastating. Maybe a better angle for this project to take would be to work on applying the patches into Gentoo GNOME proper. It'd be interesting to see how these patches compare to the latest versions (gaim for example).
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link wrote:
I've looked over some of the patches, and they don't look to devastating. Maybe a better angle for this project to take would be to work on applying the patches into Gentoo GNOME proper. It'd be interesting to see how these patches compare to the latest versions (gaim for example).

That would be the biggest contribution to the community IMHO... I'm gonna be playing with those patches in the unstable tree... ;)
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin_Matt wrote:
link wrote:

That would be the biggest contribution to the community IMHO... I'm gonna be playing with those patches in the unstable tree... ;)

That would be awesome - because I would like to try some of their work out - but I can't really see myself patching away at the unstable tree right now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: