gentoo update-daemon?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerb
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: gentoo update-daemon? Reply with quote

hi,

i'm not quite sure it ever existed, but i have the feeling that i have read about it some time ago ...

subject is some sort of auto-update for gentoo with the following feature list:

- has to be a daemon
- has to be configurable which packages to a) auto-update and then notify or b) just notify (via email or sth. alike) there is an update available
- has to take specific packages with either their whole deps or without

e.g.

i tell it (some config-file maybe) that i want to:

- update openssl as there is an update available (and be notified of the un/successfull update for further investigation
- notify me when there is an update for apache/php ... etc.

these are basically two different methods of updating. one could want to have -u in the updates to update all deps as well or not.

question is: wasn't there something like that floating around some time ago? if this is a hoax in my mind, wouldn't it be possible to code sth. like that? (i am no coder, unfortunately, so i have to ask others what they think).

any hints would be appreciated

p.s. this would be extremly helpfull in an environment (like ours) where many gentoo-servers are at work and doing different jobs. one is mailserver, another dns, and so on.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: