Problems with install, tar, bootstrap.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Problems with install, tar, bootstrap. Reply with quote

I am trying to reintall my system and before i get anywhere my tar fails on the stage packages. I am trying both rc2 and rc4 and both do it. secondly when it does untar properly the bootstrap fails almost all the time. something with emerge and /bin/bash and the initial emerge sync fails. inorder to get on the web and get here I installed XP =(. Could it be my hardware? Also before the re-install I was getting a lot of failures while trying to emerge or compile the kernel.

Please Help

Grilo
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to help you, but I have no idea what your problem is.

When you ask for help, at least include any errors or messages that you are getting, simply saying that it is not working is not good enough.

Please specify what is failing including the names of th tarballs, include all error codes that you get.

Erik
Grilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Sorry was a bit upset with my computer. Reply with quote

The first thing that does not work is the untaring of the stage files off my 1.4 rc2 and rc4 Live CD. None of the files will untar properly and the error is saying that the files are currupt. I have installed correctly off of both cds before the files are fine. That is the first error. Since I am in Windows when I attempt again I will post the full error. What i do know is that the error says something about child. I know this is vague and will post more very shortly.

Grilo

Thanks for the help
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: