Kernel Panics and logging
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaw3d
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Kernel Panics and logging Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently trying to get a USB-IrDA circuit that I designed to function in linux. It actually uses an USB-Serial Chip (FTDI232BM) interfaced with an MCP2120 - which some of you may know has a dongle driver for it. The FTDI chip also has a driver to it, I can perform loopback tests (using the mcp2120 as a loopback device) through it, fine and I know generally that the voltage levels on the chip are all fine.

Now I am trying to irattach it with irattach /dev/usb/tts/0 -d mcp2120 -s.

Anyway, I'm not here for development help:

About 5 secs later I get a kernel panic, on a gentoo machine this means zero indication other than it freezes. Redhat is a bit more verbose and will dump a whole load of stuff to the screen. My problem is I need to read this "whole load of crap" to figure out what is going wrong. Unfortunately I cannot find a log of this anywhere on my gentoo machine. Can somebody point me to an outline on how to achieve this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: