Digikam and JPGs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyMark123
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Digikam and JPGs Reply with quote

I installed DigiKam today to manage my latest holiday snaps. I was impressed when I plugged in my camera and it was automatically detected and showed me the thumbnails that were on my camera. However once I download the images from the camera digikam refuses to display them. I've checked on the hard disk and all the jpg files are there in the right folder. I can even open them using other programs such as the gimp and showfoto.

The 2 avi files which were on the camera show up fine in digikam but none of the jpgs. I checked in the mime types box and the extensions *.jpg and *.jpeg are there. I also tried importing other photos (taken with a different camera) Digikam won't show any in jpeg format but works fine if its a png or tiff.

It looks like I've somehow managed to build digikam without jpeg support but I can't figure out what it is i've done wrong!

Any ideas anyone ?
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add "jpeg" to your USE flags in make.conf, then do a world update with the --newuse argument as well.

Chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: