Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
slide show with music tool - any suggestion?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: slide show with music tool - any suggestion? Reply with quote

hi there!

i am searching for any easy freeware tool where i can create a little slide show with? i need it with a good music support, so that a special sound is played if a picture changes. and i need to change the display duration of every single picture, too.

i tried OOo impress, which has a bad music support. and i also tried cinelerra, where i can't put any pictures in.

thank you for your opinion!
chrisduck
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey scottt,

Don't give up on cinelerra--you may be overlooking some things. I made a ~10min picture slideshow with music using cinelerra and so I know that this can be done easily.

make sure that you are checking these things before importing images--

[ ] Settings->Preferences->Recording (Correct image size and image duration are needed)
[ ] Settings->Format (Canvas size usually would match image size. Correct image ratio needed)

You need to change the display duration of every single picture. There are different ways of doing that in cinelerra and so I won't offer a precise method unless one is asked for.

Get over the first 'hump' with cinelerra you'll become a fan of the results it produces.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: